Knee pain gone!

Options
OK, I will admit that I don't know exactly what cured me, but I'm so relieved to feel better. In about November, things were bad enough that if I got up after sleeping, my knee would give out under my weight and it was agony. That was my call to be a grown up and ask for help. So I:
-went to physio. Got a diagnosis (something about inflammation in the area under/around the kneecap). Got a plan. Actually did the exercises.
-went to a podiatrist. Got new orthotics. Wore them.
-went to the doctor. Ok, she didn't do anything, but it's good to keep doctors in the loop.
-lost 10 lb on MFP!
-continued with yoga and added strength training to burn more calories and also to work on strengthening my deficient muscled identified by the physio (I'm not doing his specific exercises at this point, but I am still mindful of where my injury came from)

The "OMG WHAT!" pain went away by January, but last night was the first yoga class that fully bending my knee and sitting in child's pose didn't hurt.

I'm so happy to be pain-free today.

Replies

• c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you all are pain free. Though it's not the only reason I'm sure, but releasing the excess weight around your knees helped wonderfully in relieving your pain and giving you a better quality of life.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I know knees feel a magnified strain from excess weight - I'm only trying to lose 20 lb total, so that's probably not my only think going on (I also have mis-matched leg length and some other permanent defects that I will have to live with) but I do think it helped me heal to lower the strain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!