Success so far... 40 pounds loss on my 5'2ish frame

Options
cafisher0404
cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
I haven't posted a success yet because I want to drop about 15ish more pounds, but since I just hit my healthy BMI range, I'm stoked and excited.

I went from 184 at the highest weight I weighed myself at (may have been more). I'm now 140, and goal is 125. I walk on my 30 minute lunch breaks and just started strength training a few weeks ago.

May 2016 to Feb 2017 (and ate at maintenance for about a 4 month span in between during holidays)

fo74n72vzgcc.jpg
hzbm5gcamks7.jpg

x9ab4x2sig4s.jpg

zhb6uqvthyxo.jpg

Replies

• birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. you look fabulous
  • littlemshepy
    littlemshepy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fabulous!! May I ask how long it took you to lose that much weight and how much your calorie intake was?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have a very similar body frame and starting stats :smile: Not quite back where you are weight wise just yet though lol
  • bonniebug50
    bonniebug50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Did you hit any plateaus? If so how did you overcome those? What was your target calorie needs for the day? I'm a similar frame, just worried I might hit some plateaus.
  • cafisher0404
    Options
    Wow you look fabulous!! May I ask how long it took you to lose that much weight and how much your calorie intake was?

I lost a majority from May till about Octoberish (6 months) and then just maintained until early January where I've dropped the most recent almost 10 pounds.
    Did you hit any plateaus? If so how did you overcome those? What was your target calorie needs for the day? I'm a similar frame, just worried I might hit some plateaus.

I aim for 1200 net after eating half of exercise calories back, usually eat about 1350 if I actually exercise, and definitely throw in occasional maintenance days when I'm out to eat with family. I notice I often get stuck at a weight for a week or two then suddenly drop 2 lbs over her course of 48 hours. I weigh daily.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • jcpolk1856
    jcpolk1856 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You go small stuff lol (I'm 6'1). Great progress. My wife is 5'0 and is having a hard time losing weight
  • sughram906
    sughram906 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Brilliant achievement!!
    I am 5ft 2 too and weigh 160lbs aiming 125lbs. Really struggling to lose a pound. I tried LCHF for 2 weeks didn't work binged on carb today.
    During the time when you were losing what was your daily calories intake and did you eat LCHF?
    Please help, any tips and idea would be greatly appreciated xx
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing!
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work. Congratulations :smiley:
  • dianee209
    dianee209 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    U look amazing!! may i ask what kind of exercise you do? I'm 5.4 and 11st 9lb, been doing DVD workouts but it isn't working for me!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    My oh my! What a difference the pounds made! Congrats!
  • cafisher0404
    Options
    sughram906 wrote: »
    Brilliant achievement!!
    I am 5ft 2 too and weigh 160lbs aiming 125lbs. Really struggling to lose a pound. I tried LCHF for 2 weeks didn't work binged on carb today.
    During the time when you were losing what was your daily calories intake and did you eat LCHF?
    Please help, any tips and idea would be greatly appreciated xx

I just aim for 1200 calories net, eat whatever I want, just smaller portions. I use a food scale most of the time to make sure I'm accurate, and if not, I usually overestimate just in case.
  • cafisher0404
    Options
    dianee209 wrote: »
    U look amazing!! may i ask what kind of exercise you do? I'm 5.4 and 11st 9lb, been doing DVD workouts but it isn't working for me!

Walking on my breaks, maybe 45 mins 5 days a week. Just starting stronglifts this month.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    What a change!! Your hard work is definitely paying off. I'm also 5'2 and working to lose 15 more pounds. :)
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm 5'3"and started at 208. I'm hovering between 143 and 145 now trying to get to 125. My calorie goal is 1380 but I think I'll try to stay between 1200 amd 1380 after seeing how well you did. Nice work!
  • mikenelson3975
    mikenelson3975 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • cafisher0404
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!