Zumba..

Options
Hi all,

I attended my first Zumba class tonight - yay!! what do I record it as???

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Aerobics
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    or create your own and use a HRM
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it differs in calories, but I've heard people say on here to put it as aerobic dance, which is how I log it.
  • moochyesh
    moochyesh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Use ZUMBACALORIES.COM.. just found out about it !=]
    you can log it as aerobics but you can always change the amount of cal you burned to what that site said
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You can create your own entry and calculate the calories burned at http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i added zumba to my database
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    What I do is - go to zumbacalories.com - use the awesome calculator to figure calories burned, then go into your exercise diary and add Zumba as an exercise, then enter the calories burned. To me, it seems more accurate. The calculator uses your height & weight, and has great descriptors for figuring out the intensity level.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Try this website, and you can enter the info manually,

www.zumbacalories.com/
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Cheers guys!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    or create your own and use a HRM
    This is exactly what I do.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist - this is in the database and I did a few tests on my weight and minutes and this listing seems to be right on in terms of calorie burn for Zumba.

I hate to be a downer, but I do find that the calorie burn on zumbacalorie.com is over estimated. I use a HRM every time I do Zumba and to give you an idea I'm 205, and I work out at a medium intensity (zone 2 on the HRM) and on average I burn between 350 and 450 calories in 60 mins depending on how much I'm in zone 2 vs. zone 3 (the highest zone).