Macros

Options
I'm on day 2 of counting macros. I've already logged in my dinner and I have 46 protein and 91 carbs left for the day. I ran out of fats yesterday before dinner and ended up eating baked chicken and an apple. So question is, do you all have a website that helps you plan macro friendly meals or have any good ideas for meals that are mostly protein and carbs?

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    What are your ratios to begin with?
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    45% carb, 30% protein, 25% fat
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    shrimp is pretty much pure protein (4oz is about 22g); greek yogurt (0% fat) is about 10-15g carbs/protein; egg whites are all protein; pasta is heavy carbs

my food diary is open if you want to take a look
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I would consider maybe substituting your egg for egg whites - no fat/higher in protein - I tend to only have whole egg on my higher fat days
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I really don't worry about fat being over - protein and fat are minimum goals to hit, not stay under. I would not worry about fats being on the high side.

For a couple years I had my fat macro set to 50% - lots of people go even higher. If you are concerned with weight loss, just stay under your calories, get enough protein and fat, and let the carbs fall where they will. You learn as you go as far as food choices. I like higher fat. If that's how you normally like to eat, just go with it, it's much easier than trying to adhere to some random unnecessary fat percentage.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just curious, is there a reason why you have your fats at 25%. I've gone as high as 45% on fat just because of the nuts, oils, olives, meat I was taking in. Since you had plenty of carbs left over, consider adjusting your ratio to 40C/30P/30F to begin with and keep adjusting until your sweet spot depending on what your goals are.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log your day so you can see what fits your macros.

I have fat set to 30%, and am usually closer to 35, but whatever works!