Any breastfeeding mommas?

Options
Hey all! So I am three months post partum, exclusively breastfeeding my little one, and am finally motivated to lose some weight and get in shape! I lost all my pregnancy weight but was a little overweight to begin with. I'm just looking for other ladies in my same position to support and keep me motivated! :P Please feel free to add me/respond to this post with any struggles your running into, or some advice! I'm a little apprehensive going into this because I have so little time to devote to meal planning and exercise!

Replies

• oarich
    oarich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 9 weeks postpartum, am exclusively breastfeeding, and just began a fitness/diet routine. Could definitely use support! Thanks for putting yourself out there. It's my first baby so this whole experience is a huge learning curve. I thought the weight would "melt off" like everyone said but it hasnt been that easy. I was sooo ravenous the first month, ate everything. Now trying to carve out fitness time between nursing sessions, and eat healthy for good milk supply, but also cut back calories. So much. Let's motivate each other :)
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello. My lb is now 17wks+1 and is exclusively breastfeeding. He also likes to cluster feed at the moment between 11pm and 7am.

I'm using MFP to try and eat enough at the moment and be as healthy as I can for myself and him. It's getting easier to do. My milk production definitely increases if we have a good day and also drink lots of water. He seems more likely to feed longer then too which keeps me happy. Xxx

If you would like to add me as a friend then I would be happy to chat together for mutual support.
  • mvmccauley
    mvmccauley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 14 weeks pp and going through the same thing. I gained 40 lbs during pregnancy and lost the first 20 lbs pretty quickly. The rest is hanging on, and it doesn't help that I'm breastfeeding and RAVENOUS! I was pretty laid back about it while on maternity leave (didn't want to hurt my supply by dieting or exercising too much) but I'm back and work now and feeling pretty uncomfortable at this weight.

It's been a while since I've used MFP, but I had great success several years ago and lost 30 lbs by counting calories and tracking fitness with the app. Hoping this time to lose weight slowly so I don't hurt my milk supply. I miss my pre-pregnancy clothes and look forward to getting back on track!

Good luck to you both!!
  • adr75050
    adr75050 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im an ebf momma. The weight fell off with my first born but does not seem to be falling off as easily this time. I gained 60 lb with my pregnancy and want to lose 30 more. I was on bedrest and i am almost 20 wpp. Today is my first day back in over a year on here and I dont know how to change my settings to allow calories for breast feeding. Do you ladies know?
  • zlagv
    zlagv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Howdy! My daughter is 9 months old today and exclusively breastfed. I kept waiting for the baby weight to melt off like it supposedly does when breastfeeding... yeeeahhh... that didn't happen. So I've gotten seriously about CICO and I've lost 26 pounds! Would love to be MFP friends! :)

Cool tidbit: I once weighed myself directly before and after nursing my daughter first thing in the morning and she extracted 1.4 lbs of milk! Holy crow!
  • DixieDeeShmaker
    DixieDeeShmaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am currently breastfeeding my 1 year old and looking to lose about 40 Lbs. I also had no issues with my first 2 pregnancies to lose weight, this time has proved to be a challenge. Gained 20 pounds after I had delivered, discouraging! But I am officially ready to get back to decent shape. I have a long road ahead of me and surrounded by unsupportive people. Hope we can keep eachother motivated!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding my 8 month old and am ready to focus on losing weight. I only gained 15 lbs with her and lost that quick, however I would like to lose 30lbs. She will be walking in a few months and I want to be able to keep up with her.

I just subscribed to beachbody onDemand and finished my first Core de Force workout.

I would love friends to keep me motivated. Especially during the growth spurts when I feel like I'm nursing her all night and hit snooze a thousand times. Lol
  • Uea11
    Uea11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me if interested. I'm a mom of 3, my youngest is 5 months and drinks formula and breast milk (about half and half.. I've had to pump since 3 months). I had babyweight from baby #2 (who is now 8) that I never lost but i'm ready to be healthy and would love the support and motivation from other moms on the same journey.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello. Please feel free to add me. I have 3 children, the youngest who is 2 and still nursing. This is my 3rd battle of the bulge, you can say. I usually hang onto the last 10 until they fully wean.
  • Puzzl3dunicorn
    Puzzl3dunicorn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm three months pp as well. I'm kind of fighting a mild case of ppd but it's mostly centered around how how I feel about myself so I'm hoping that eating healthier and getting off this baby weight will improve the way I feel. I was lucky enough to only gained twenty five pounds during pregnancy but I've only lost five even while exclusively bf. I want to lose 45lbs eventually but mainly I'm trying to focus on feeling healthier.

Also you can add breast feeding into your food or exercise and it subtracts 500 calories.
  • mvmccauley
    mvmccauley Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    adr75050 wrote: »
    Im an ebf momma. The weight fell off with my first born but does not seem to be falling off as easily this time. I gained 60 lb with my pregnancy and want to lose 30 more. I was on bedrest and i am almost 20 wpp. Today is my first day back in over a year on here and I dont know how to change my settings to allow calories for breast feeding. Do you ladies know?

I wasn't sure how to change the settings for breast feeding, and I didn't see it under "exercise". I know some people enter it as a food with negative calories. I noticed when I changed my settings from "sedentary" to "lightly active" I got an additional 400-ish calories automatically applied to my goal, which feels like a good place for me to start. This is my first week doing this, so fingers crossed. Will see how my Monday weigh in goes and will adjust accordingly.

Good luck!! Let us know if you find a better way!

• kimberlyhannah3150
    kimberlyhannah3150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 months and ebf. I've lost all my baby weight plus some(I was overweight prior to her). I'm struggling with finding time to actually work out and how to calculate my additional calories for what I burn while breastfeeding.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    adr75050 wrote: »

HI mama, you can enter breastfeeding as a food and it deducts calories.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a 9.5 month old and am still breastfeeding. I have lost zero weight since giving birth. I need buddies to hold me accountable!
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Add me mamas. i am 27 breastfeeding my 10 month old
  • Healthymummy2016
    Healthymummy2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey mummas, I have a two year old and a 6 month old, currently breastfeeding my 6 month old. Hit me up if you like. Looking for motivation. How many calories are you all consuming a day?