What to have eating out tomorrow???

Options
Hello all my fellow MFPers. I'm going out for lunch tomorrow for the boss's birthday to a 'traditional pub' away from the modern Italian's I normally go to that state whether their food is high in calories....(Strada, Pizza Express, Zizzi's etc).

A little about the situation...I am a couple of pounds away from my target. Tomorrow I would like to eat around 6-700 calories for this meal. This allows me enough for dinner etc during the day.....however the menu is fairly rubbish....I was swaying towards the green curry, but coconut milk is really calorific and just wanted some advice/thoughts and help with my choice.
Here is the menu:

Breaded scampi, fries & peas
Grilled steak sandwich with rocket, horseradish mayo & fries
Thai green chicken curry, jasmine rice & prawn crackers
Nachos with cheddar, guacamole, jalapeños & sour cream
Grilled goat’s cheese and Mediterranean vegetable focaccia with pesto & salad greens
Grilled chicken, bacon & avocado salad with balsamic dressing
Pork & apple sausages with mash, caramelised parsnips & gravy
Chicken sandwich with yoghurt & garlic dressing & fries
Chilli con carne with sour cream & rice

Thanks everyone! :drinker:

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    stuffin', this is a veggies nightmare LOL..

but you could order the steak sandwich and skip the bread and fries..

or the chicken sandwich sans fries..perhaps they might swap the fries for a baked spud??

the goats cheese could also work, again the focaccia sounds pretty carby..

whatever you order, don't think about your albs, those can go form just one hour long workout..enjoy yourself and have fun, you are very dedicated and I know you get on track right away.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, bacon & avocado salad with balsamic dressing

Hold the bacon (or at least take some of it off yourself, dressing on the side? Avocado is high calorie but healthy!

None of its great though.
  • bmcmforfun
    bmcmforfun Posts: 32
    Options
    I would go with the grilled chicken salad and ask them to hold the bacon and avocado or sub it for other raw veggies. If your comfortable doing so, you could bring your own dressing and just have them hold the bal. vinegr. When I go out I always ask to change or hold something. It has never been a problem for me. I wish you the best on your choices. Congrats on being so close. Carol
  • AislingD
    AislingD Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, if you leave out the sour cream, the chili con carne mite not be too calorific. I know my chili is basically just lean meat, beans, tomatos, onions and chilis so shouldnt be too bad! Especially if you dont eat all the rice, maybe just a half portion of it. :)
    Hope that helps and I hope u enjoy urself!

Ps congrats on being so close to your target!! :D
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    How is it everyone in England isn't a thousand pounds??? I want to eat every single one of those things...

I'd probably do the scampi and skip the fries.
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The mediterranean veggie focaccia or the chilli might be the best option - maybe ask for the chilli without the rice, or a half portion of chilli with a side salad. Chilli has lots of protein and fibre. Or you could get the grilled chicken salad without the bacon. Sounds good!

If you're drinking try a diet coke/rum or other spirit - still 58-60 calories but that's less than half of a standard pint of beer (182 calories). Or if you really want an alcoholic drink order a water as well so you can sip that as well. With 7 calories per gram, the number of calories in alcohol is second only after fat.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Any of the sandwiches without the bread. Substitute the fries for veggies...
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    Pork & apple sausages with mash, caramelised parsnips & gravy would be my choice. Get what you want. drink 2 glasses of water before you get your food and enjoy a 1/3 to 1/2 the meal. Better yet split a dish with a coworker. Half the calories and half the cost.
  • Boo67
    Boo67 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the chili con carne, but ask them for a jacket potato instead of rice. If you spoon the chili over the spud you won't need sour cream or butter in it. Enjoy it & ramp up the cardio to make up for it if you do over indulge. :drinker:
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and tips!!! :flowerforyou: