Small reason to be excited. :)

ummlovelovesyou
ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
Before I joined this site, I was drinking sugary juice and lemonade thinking it was better for me than soda. Boy was I wrong!

I've been drinking so much water and I feel so hydrated and just all around better. I took a sip of the juice I use to drink every day for months...and spit it out right away. Tasted like PURE sugar. NASTY! How could I use to drink that?!?! Same thing when I eat out at restaurants...I use to get lemonade ALL the time thinking how refreshing it was...and now nothing is more refreshing and thirst quenching than a glass of water.

I'm thankful to have this site open my eyes to everything bad that I was putting in my body.

Just a little something that made me happy that I am where I am and that I have so much support from my MFP friends.
:happy:

Replies

• I'm kind of the same way, my favorite food used to be fried chicken. I could eat it all day every day. I had KFC about a week and a half ago and I felt gross/greasy/sick to my stomach. Thankful for my body changing!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    i agree
    we pretty much stopped going out to eat(even though we only went out maybe once a month) because everything is so salty
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    I was at the grocery store yesterday and was looking at pecans and I could SMELL the brown sugar. It was nauseating.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I get the water thing..... I used to like Dr. Pepper, and now it just taste like pure sugar!!! Amazing how refreshing a cold glass of aqua is!!!! Very Nice!
  • Good for you girl! Yea i used to HATE water, but now my body relies on it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!