Creatin loading when dieting

Options
Hi everyone,

I am using creatin for the first time as I cut down to low body fat. Is the creatin loading phase suggested when cutting?

Thanks!

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I've heard creatin loading is unnecessary and just a ploy to make you buy more and spend more $
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You don't need to load. Just start taking the dose you plan on sticking with and you should know within a week if it works for you. I don't see why there would be anything wrong with taking creatine while cutting.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've heard creatin loading is unnecessary and just a ploy to make you buy more and spend more $

Considering how cheap the stuff is, and that a load is just a few days of 20g vs. 5-10, I'd call it a form of cheap insurance. Will it help? Depends on the person and their current diet. Can't hurt though, and we are talking a difference of literal pennies.
  • ledgey91
    ledgey91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    From what I've read it can create bloating and water retention, so you might see an increase on the scales. I don't think your BF% should be affected and if the positives are true it should actually help you decrease that.