Wii Balance board

Options
I usually use the Wii balance board to weigh in, I'm kinda disturbed that the wieght it gives me maybe a couple pounds off, so question the accuracy. I'm thinking of just getting a new scale altogether.

Replies

• JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Scales are pretty inexpensive now a days! Remember - the surface you set it on makes a difference too! If you're weighing in on carpet, it's probably off. Use the same place - a hard surface, every day.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've heard that quite a bit about the Wii Balance Board. I've never used it for that purpose and prefer my bathroom scale. If the Board is being used on carpet though I've read where that will throw off the readings.
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    I never found the weight to be accurate on my balance board either. I have a Weight Watchers scale which is great.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I also use my wii board to weigh in. It is off a couple pounds from my drs scale, but more accurate than my very old scale with a dial. I've thought about getting a new one as using the wii can be a bit time consuming just to get a quick weight.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I personally love my wii balance board. It has been right on with the scale at the dr's office and the one in my bathroom.
  • CarterLakerGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, the digital bathroom scale we have is always ****WWAAAAYYY**** off lol, so just been using the Wii board, so definetly will get a new scale - Thanks!!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on what time of day it is due to normal weight fluctuations. Are you using it at the same time of day? Mine has been fairly accurate.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    My Wii balance board is seriously off when it comes to weight. I would consider getting a digital scale, if I were you! :drinker:
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use both. I have a nice new digital scale that I use and I use my wii board. But as I don't use them at the same time I am not too sure how accurate the wii one is. But as long as the wii one is close I will keep using it. lol
  • Michi63
    Michi63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am planning on getting a Wii Fit to add some fun and variety to my exercise ritual. I have heard great things about it and am hoping it will be worth the money spent. I use my BR scale, it's at least consistent!:blushing:
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually right on with my bathroom scale, I tend to use the bathroom scale for my weigh ins because I get right up and do it right away, I don't always get on the Wii first thing in the morning and like a previous poster said the Wii is a bit more time consuming to start up. I do like the graphs they show on the Wii I like seeing that nice downward slant!!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Always use the same scale; and try not to weigh yur self to much....maybe once a week or every two weeks. scales can discourage a person.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My wii balance board tells me i'm about 15lbs lighter than I really am (it's on carpet).

But, it always consistently weighs the 15 lbs lighter. So if I lose 2 lbs, it WILL show the loss of 2 lbs. But my actual weight still won't be right.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Wii board has been way off for me. I use a Tanita digital scale and it is right on with the doctor's scales. I love the Wii programs, but don't trust the board.