Vegan distribution of P, F & C?

Options
I am wondering what distribution of Protein, Fat and Carbohydrate I should customize my profile to lose weight?

Replies

• JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    your macros doesn't make such difference, as long as you're in a calorie deficit, the rest is preference. being vegan also doesn't make a difference regarding protein, fat and carbs. Try the recommended values that MFP gives you for a while,if you like it, stick with it, if you don't adjust it your own preferences, likes, lifestyle etc. For example,a common ration that a lot of people enjoy is 40:30:30 C:P:F
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    People lose weight by calories only.

The protein etc. distribution is to have better nutrition and become healthier, a different issue. BUT you will be less hungry if you increase your protein.
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I do try to do 90-5-5 or 80-10-10, but it always comes out different.

I eat lots of carbs, not much fat (no oil), no salt, and I try to not eat too much sugar (except for fruit, of course!)

My daily calorie intake ranges from 1500-2700 depending on the day (because I'm a long distance runner). On MFP, to lose 0.5 lbs a week I need to eat 2,000 calories a day (plus eat what I burn). I only have 5 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight, but to do so I would have to a lot less or workout a lot more, which I can't.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, almost entirely vegan. My goal is set to 65:15:20 C:P:F but I don't worry about macros too much haha. I try to get a lot of carbs since I'm an endurance athlete, and recently have been trying to get at least 75g of protein a day. The most important thing is to find what works for you! As others have said, the calorie deficit is what dictates the weight loss.