Lunch ideas...please help me

Options
Hi All

I know a silly question but can you give me some lunch ideas please? Just nice simple recipes :-) Im geting bored of eating the same thing but am also not very adventurous when it comes to creating recipes! I love cooking but only when i know what to use! When trying to create my own recipes it then turns into an obstacle for me haha! Please can you send me some of your lunch ideas? I workout on my lunch so foods that a filling are good, I weight train with a PT so im guessing more protein based ideas with a little carbs? Not to manu though otherwise I start to flag!

I know I could also google recipes but again they just seem soooo long and complicated ha!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, salads, tacos, hamburgers, etc.

Basically anything I ate before, just in smaller portions and in moderation. For example, I still eat fast food. If I'm on the go and go to McDonald's, instead of a Big Mac and fries I get a McDouble and a fruit parfait. Wendy's, instead of a Single w/ cheese, I get a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. That sort of thing. If I'm at home, I use left over chicken or ground beef for a burrito/taco/wrap. Salads, I alternate dressings. One day may be a jalapeno ranch chicken salad and the next might be a strawberry/blackberry salad with raspberry vinagrette.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I usually bring my own lunch. Yogurt, some raw veggies, maybe a snack bag of pirates booty, a cheese stick.....
  • zheeduh
    zheeduh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really like stir fry, it's high in carbs and protein, and you can switch up the ingredients anytime you're bored of em. Here's a recipe I use a lot.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Looking for home or office lunch ideas? If office, microwave? Toaster oven?
  • rhondamaldonado75
    Options
    Pre plan your meals. Salads are easy, you can mix it up all the time, add proteins, meats, turkey, bacon. Lil cheese, lil dressing.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Spinach and feta pizza on a tortilla. I added tomatoes and a little bit of mozza to hold it together! Yum!!svsbm80ibsb3.jpg
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can you make extra dinner and have left overs the next day?
  • STC02
    STC02 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Chicken,garlic, pesto, pasta.
    Fry chicken, boil pasta,
    2 spoonfuls of pesto, 1 of garlic into the chicken, add in the pasta, split into tupperwear,boom easy extremely filling lunch!.
    My favourite at the moment.
    Or two Warburtons 120 cal bagels filled with ham, sprinkle of cheese and lighter than light mayo.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    40g conchigle pasta, boiled then rinsed in cold water. Add that to a bowl with lettuce/rocket/salad leaves, tomato quarters, cucumber slices (halved or quartered), a chopped spring onion or two, radish (diced) and avocado (diced). Add some chopped chicken or ham (40-50g). Mix together. I generally don't use any dressings at all, but sometimes I'll add some chopped artichoke or roasted courgette which (in the UK) comes in sunflower oil so I may end up with a tsp of flavoured oil as a dressing. If I'm not going to the gym, I leave out the pasta. Lots of flavours and textures, very filling and not huge in terms of calories.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    Can you make extra dinner and have left overs the next day?

This is my go to. Cook once eat twice. What could be simpler? Also have you tried chickpea pasta. Lots of protein and fiber and much lower carbohydrates than regular pasta.