One last drink tonight then tomorrow the gut healing starts

Options
I've had enough now

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    From the title of your post and its content you sound as though you are in a pretty dark place and wanting something different in your life. If this is correct then I wish you all the very best.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best !
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All the best. One day at a time. Had a dry January which has turned to dry February and my mindset now is for it to be a dry 2017. Look at hello Sunday morning website. Take care
  • Helen201734
    Helen201734 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Hi yes yesterday was a bad day from start to finish. Was so low but I'm pleased I had a bad day because it's helped me. I only had 4 drinks, was my first drink in a long time. Feel fuzzy today but ready to change for good because life's too short. If I can improve my life by eating cleaner then I'll try because if I don't then I'll just continue suffering and life's too short for that
  • mysticretreat
    mysticretreat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try your best. I don't know how long you've tried to cut back?You may find that after a few days even your tummy will start to feel lighter. After a few weeks you will feel much better. I tried quitting drinking for a few years but stress always undid me but have to quit forever now as kidney are damaged. Scary stuff. Good luck
  • Helen201734
    Options
    Yeah I need to cause it makes me unwell. I have pains in my left one today (same one always aches if I don't drink enough water and if I drink alcohol) So there is a weakness there. Tests came back normal so up to me to help things out
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah I need to cause it makes me unwell. I have pains in my left one today (same one always aches if I don't drink enough water and if I drink alcohol) So there is a weakness there. Tests came back normal so up to me to help things out

Pains in the left kidney area are often caused by acid reflux/GERD/stomach erosion, not the kidneys. If your kidneys are functioning normally, you might want to look into other possibilities instead of self-treating a non existing condition.
  • Helen201734
    Options
    Are you a doctor?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Are you a doctor?

No but I had the same symptoms you have and it turned out to be stomach erosion and my doctor told me it was very common even for health professionals to make that mistake. Just like pain in the kidney area on the right side often turns out to be gall bladder.