Over 40...Over 200lbs and over excuses!

Options
I'm 43, 5'2" and currently down 11 pounds in 3 weeks to 241 and have goals of 27 lb loss by 4/16/17 (when I leave for Hawaii) and then another 25 lbs by 7/4/17. I have a full, busy life as a mom, wife and business owner. I've exercised to the point of injury in the past but could never outrun my overeating. Trying it this time with no exercise till I get my nutrition stabilized. I've never lost more than 25 lbs. My gain has been a steady 5 lbs a year over 20 years...Yikes! VERY motivated and ready to be uncomfortable to start digging myself out of this very deep hole. Would love some MFP friends to share this journey with.

Replies

• str5wberrysp1ce
    str5wberrysp1ce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We can motivate and help each other!
  • jlseaman13
    jlseaman13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 11 lb loss in 3 weeks! I'm mid-50s and the weight has been creeping up the last few months. I was feeling so bad even though my blood work was good, but the doctor kind of scared me when he pointed out that our muscles will deteriorate as we age if we don't keep using them. with fibromyalgia, I live every day in pain. Doc said I need to walk every single day. So I have been doing that. it is not strenuous, but rather beneficial. I highly recommend that you begin there. Just start slow and increase a little bit as you feel comfortable. Yesterday, for the first time in ages, I realized that I did not hurt from head to toe, only a couple selective areas. :) Judy
  • ivysjb
    ivysjb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks Judy! I do walk regularly but really love strength training. I've had several knee surgeries ( ACL & a couple meniscus repairs) and as I age I have a lot more pain and don't rebound nearly as fast. I eat a lot less when I'm not working out hard so hoping to get 35-40 pounds off so I have less stress on the joint and better eating habits developed.
  • kimsteve58
    kimsteve58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excited about your 11 # gone in 3 weeks. I know it is harder to get rid of than to put it on......seems so unfair. I'm down a few pounds, not getting much exercise. I work in a cardiac cath lab and get my exercise at work. If not running all over the hospital, the girls are dragging me outside for a power walk during lunch! Keep up the good work!
  • ivysjb
    Options
    I wish I could say it felt unfair but I'm pretty clear on which of my bad habits got me here...pretty sure an egg mcmuffin and a frappe every morning haven't helped! Glad you're getting some exercise at work and thank goodness for power walking co-workers!
  • kkeller011
    kkeller011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep going. You can do it. Find what works for you. I was too intimidated to join a gym until recently. Feel free to add me and I will be happy to support you.
  • ivysjb
    Options
    Thanks! Will do!
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Add me!!! I've lost 88lbs the last year. Im still a work in progress!!! But always looking for new friends. I'll support you in any way I can!!!
  • ivysjb
    Options
    Congrats on the huge loss! Any advice is much appreciated.
  • Marlamoehlingprice
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marla from Oregon. I need friend to help me this ugly weight problem. I am currently 303# and 5ft. 5.5 in. Tall I need help. I will also help you if I can.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 206lbs last Monday and at this again
    I lost 63lbs last year got ill gained 38 back so I need to stop
    I don't set weightloss goals inky as if don't reach them I know it will lead to yoyoing years spent doing that so I'm hoping to lose 40 lbs by October as I lose slow

Hope your successful in hot self challenge
    Why not join the group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119030-2017-newbie-weightloss-challenge
  • ivysjb
    Options
    We can do this ladies! I'm not really sure how to help keep each other on track but lets just keep in touch, stay honest and supportive! I actually took my girls to a huge a brunch today for their sport and it could have gone so wrong but the accountability of my log and hopefully you all helped me fill my plate with protiens and fruit this morning and I logged it all. I had burned through enough calories that I had a light salad for dinner. Felt like a big indulgence but I'm still under my calories for the day. How was everyone's else' day?

• Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Awesome on your drop!! Keep up the amazing work. Feel free to add me if you like :)