Headaches

This is the 1st time I've actually tried to eat right with meal prep and such and have been getting headaches daily. I'm eating Whole Foods and cut my carbs down to about 140g a day. Other than that I feel great and while I'm trying to lose fat, I feel that I'm eating plenty. In fact, I'm rarely hungry at all. Any ideas? Related to diet?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Did you cut back on coffee? Or caffeine?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    A sudden reduction in carbs can cause headaches.
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    I get that too. I've been told I'm a sugar burner and that the headaches are happening because I'm going through sort of "healing crisis." Not sure if that's a thing. I've checked google and the jury is out on that one.
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    papercut2k wrote: »
    I get that too. I've been told I'm a sugar burner and that the headaches are happening because I'm going through sort of "healing crisis." Not sure if that's a thing. I've checked google and the jury is out on that one.

sounds very religious... lol
    they say many religious fail as soon as they start, maybe it didnt have time to make it to google.

Sugar is the DEVIL!!!! Can I get an AMEN?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member

sounds very religious... lol
    they say many religious fail as soon as they start, maybe it didnt have time to make it to google.

Sugar is the DEVIL!!!! Can I get an AMEN?

>:)
  • Str82go
    Str82go Posts: 7 Member
    Yeah I'm drinking plenty of water. I originally thought it was caffeine as well. I'm eating about 1900 calories a day. I quit drinking booze for a bit as well, so maybe that's it. I'd guess its a combination of everything.

I bet a piece of pizza would fix it :)
  • It's probably due to a reduction in sugar and caffeine. I'm a regular headache sufferer, have been for the past 30 years! I find they get worse when I cut sugar and caffeine drastically, particularly when suddenly. It will go eventually. For me usually in a week or two. Drink lots of water and eat little and often for a while can help stabilise blood sugar levels. Rather than three meals a day I spread food over 5 times a day when my headaches are bad.