Will one binge ruin my diet??

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsMacW7
    MrsMacW7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Without the occasional binge you will never stay the course - life goes on and you cant not live it. Not like you are going to do it every day!!
  • mariesofi4108
    mariesofi4108 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry guys, I'm 5'6 actually! And I've been eating 1500 calories a day and running 6 miles 5 days a week and Literally have not dropped a SINGLE pound in a month.. in fact I'm up to 130 lbs. I'm so frustrated I'm just maintaining!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry guys, I'm 5'6 actually! And I've been eating 1500 calories a day and running 6 miles 5 days a week and Literally have not dropped a SINGLE pound in a month.. in fact I'm up to 130 lbs. I'm so frustrated I'm just maintaining!

I read on livestrong about little women doing all that cardio and not losing weight. It said you ought to do some strength training to build some muscle. Other than that, it's always going to be an issue of your own accuracy at logging food. First, there's the 20% band of inaccuracy built into nutrition labels, then there's the inaccuracy of human estimation. It's danged hard to achieve maintenance calories even with perfect logging.

I had one of those non-loss months in November last year. It was full of uncontrolled binge days and lacking in exercise. It's kinda hard to denounce CICO when I wasn't even doing my share of the job.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

I'm 5'2", 62 years old, stationary bike 10 miles 4 days a week (33 min), and maintain at 1350. I'd suspect you're eating more calories than you realize. I switched to a gram scale once when I plateaued when I was trying to lose. I also counted little things like a little Sriracha or a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. I tightened everything up for awhile, got really strict, and only ate back 1/3 of my exercise calories. Once I did all of that things got more predictable for me and I started to lose again. I bet you look great at 5'6" and 130. It might be a good high point to your maintenance range.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Binging used to mess with my head and I always had the thought "well i just gained like 3 lbs" yeah i did gain 3 lbs the next morning but what I never understood until recently, is that it's ALL water weight that will disappear in a week at most. My mindset and the binge/restricting, in the past would keep me binging for consecutive days sometimes a full week!