OK SO EATING BURNED CALORIES....

Options
2»

Replies

• mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    These posts show exactly why there are at least three threads about this a day!! Everyone is all over the place with the issue.
    Plus, don't worry about the caps, you kinda do seem to be screaming for help! :wink:

For ME, it varies by the day. When I run, I'm not as hungry so I might not eat back all the calories. When I do the elliptical or my 30 Day Shred, I seem to be more hungry after, so I eat back more of the calories. It's really just trial and error. I plateaued when I didn't eat at least some calories back. For ME, if I'm hungry, I'm going to eat. If I'm not, I'm not. I do keep a close eye to make sure that I have at least 1300 cals and loads of water each day.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    eats his calories:

weakling-lg.jpg

does not eat his calories:

skinny-guy1.jpg?w=266&h=424

Edit... ruh oh, did i just open the door for a bunch of people to now reply, "but i don't wanna bulk up" ? :laugh:
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I also started weight lifting though and my body is transforming and you can see a lot of muscle definition so I dont think I"m "plateauing" in that sense of fat cause I am still slimming....but I will try to eat a little more throughout the day.

Do I now have to customize my goals in MFP?? In order to change my allotted daily cals? Thanks!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    @Abells - if you have plateaued you will need to up your calories. What happens is your body has gotten to a certain point where it doesn't feel comfortable with the amount of calories it is burning vs. what it is taking in so it will hold onto the fat that you have to compensate. You can push yourself all you want, but your body won't budge.

I also started weight lifting though and my body is transforming and you can see a lot of muscle definition so I dont think I"m "plateauing" in that sense of fat cause I am still slimming....but I will try to eat a little more throughout the day.

Do I now have to customize my goals in MFP?? In order to change my allotted daily cals? Thanks!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?!
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    thank yall so much! i understand it better now (after visiting a few links provided :-) ) i will make sure to add me a lil snack or something to make up for my exercise... I like being able to treat myself for my working.. that sounds like quite to motivator!!
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever eat all the calories I have earned from exercise. I usually burn about 600 per day. That would give me 1800 calories for the day and usually that is too much food. I do however enjoy getting to sneak and ocassional treat because of those extra calories. I have been doing this and have still been losing so it is working.

This is me too. Also, learn to listen to your body.. Some days I am completely satisfied on my baseline calories and even struggle to get them all in.. Other days I"m STARVING... One those days I will eat some of my exercise calories.. Our bodies will tell us if we listen.. I have always dieted low calorie and high intensity and I always fizzle out..NO MORE!! I have learned the hard way... This is a lifestyle change.. Some days you need more fuel than others... Also...200 calories of junk isn't the same as 200 calories of healthy food... So it matters also what you are eating..
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?!

im at work and i use all caps for everythin at work so i just forgot to take those off :-) my bad
  • prettyash76
    prettyash76 Posts: 117
    Options
    I eat back some of my burned calories when i am hungry. I never eat them all. I find i am more hungry on some days than others. Today I will probably eat a few back. This seems to be one of my hungry days
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have eaten four hundred something calories today.. i opened my diary..

about the caps, sorry about that. we use caps for everything at work so i sometimes forget to take them off.. i dont mean to yell lol.

You are kidding right? 400 calories? Eat the exercise calories...trust me. Tomorrow, eat a bigger breakfast, a snack and a bigger lunch.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    eats his calories:

weakling-lg.jpg

does not eat his calories:

skinny-guy1.jpg?w=266&h=424

Edit... ruh oh, did i just open the door for a bunch of people to now reply, "but i don't wanna bulk up" ? :laugh:

LOL, good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Be sure and eat healthy carbs before your exercise and then good protein after..:) Blessings to you..:)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You have more weight to lose, so your metabolism won't take much of a hit initially from eating so little, however you are going to be considered micronutritionally malnourished since you're not getting anywhere near enough vitamins and minerals from that little calories.
  • modestalchemist
    modestalchemist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you should eat some of them back. if your normal net calories at the end of the day is 1200, then you will want to net at the very least 1000 calories, or you will probably go into starvation mode. So eat most of them back. But remember to eat something healthy. but don't eat if you're not hungry. some days i hardly eat anything. i was really pushing it to eat 1000 calories yesterday, and today, it's going to be hard to stay under 1400. listen to your body.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I took a human nutrition class this summer and found out that 1200 was way to little of calories for me. the calculations showed that I needed 1625 for my body to function right. I have noticed when I eat at this or over I feel so much better. I'm telling you unless you are 5' tall and weigh 100 or less 1200 is not enough cals.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE EATING FAR TOO LITTLE. i looked at your diary and you should be eating at least 1200 calories a day. and you should be eating healthier foods. you are not going to lose any weight eating that little food!!!!!!