Looking for Friends with PCOS?

Options
Hello all, I'm Alex, 19 years old and looking to lose 100+ pounds. Part of this is because of my PCOS and my weight has ballooned over the years to nearly 360 pounds this past December. However, since January 11, I've been doing my best to track calories and to think about taking my life back in control, hell, I've already lost nearly 20 pounds!! But I need to keep going and would like some more friends to help me along the way. I don't have many friends at the moment and am always looking for some more motivation.

So, add me if you'd like! :D

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Here's the short version of what works for me. You'll need to experiment on yourself to see what works best for you.

1. Set your MFP goal to 1.5 lbs/week, but don't expect to lose that much. It may be slower.

2. Eat 150g carbs or fewer per day.

3. 45 min of sweaty exercise, 6 days a week. Yoga and leisurely walks aren't enough. If you can't do 45 minutes all at once, just break for a minute, catch your breath, and start again when you're ready, until you’ve reached the total time. Weight lifting is also awesome, but more important is to do something strenuous that you will do consistently.

Insulin is an issue, so lowish carb and heavy exercise are key. They also help with satiety, blood glucose levels, and earning enough extra calories to stay sane. It can also drive down testosterone levels, which helps reduce some of the less pleasant symptoms.

I started at 248 and am now at 206.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you want to add an 'old' lady (52)feel free. I started this at 248 lbs, down around 107ish. Still a few more to go, but they're stubborn, so I'm trying to focus on less scale and more fitness. The differences in what I can do and how I feel now are amazing, so keep at it, it's so worth it!
  • officialashy
    officialashy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey i have added you! :smile:
  • torilahoda2112
    torilahoda2112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am also afflicted with PCOS, and trying to lose weight. I am more than willing to add folks in similar walks of life (and dieting/fitness).
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?

You click on their name, (under their picture) then click on their name again. This will open their profile page, then you click 'add as friend'.
  • greeneyez412
    greeneyez412 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. I'm eating healthy and exercising. I would love to have fellow friends that know my struggle.
  • anastasias30
    anastasias30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Altel79
    Altel79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new and on the start of another new start this year
  • DeeWalkz
    DeeWalkz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do believe i have PCOS but its really hard getting doctors to test but i have so many of the symptoms i am convinced. Thats why i started taking ny exercise and diet super seriously to see if it made any changes. Happy to help on your journey...a bit of motivated and friendly ear! Not sure how to add people but feel free to add me!