43 year old male nd in a rut

Options
I am a stay at home dad with 2 kids, ages 10 and 14. I am a big guy at 6'4". In 2003 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in the frontal lobe which controls emotion and motivation. Surgery followed to remove 90% and chemotherapy followed. I bounced back as I was motivated. Fast forward to 2009 and I had a regrowth. I had surgery to remove most of it and chemotherapyand radiation followed. I figured I would bounce back but this one really took a toll on me. My motivation is not there. My weight gain coincided with the second surgery. Maybe this should be in a cancer forum. I am neither benign or malignant but stable. I take medicine that may influence my weight. The rumor is stable but the effects still linger.

Replies

• marsh1000
    marsh1000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow... Keep up the good fight bud... Motivation is tough. Just getting started on getting healthy.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Once you start to form the habit the motivation will be coming from the results. They say it takes three weeks to make a habit stick. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to do the things we don't want to or aren't motivated to do. I wish you luck!!