Lack of weight loss... help!

Options
I have been meal prepping, counting calories, making sure my carbs are down, healthy fats are up, etc. I track everything and still i have remained at the same weight for the past three weeks. When i started this process 3 months ago i was at 360, now i am at 332. I know 27lbs is great, however i still have a long way to go and not losing anything for 3 weeks straight is starting to get me down. I know i need to drink more water, but i also have not gone back to the gym. I tried when i first started and was told by my doctor to try and get below 300 before begining a workout. I dont have any health problems to make him say this, its the pressure on my knees as i carry all my weight up top. Is it time to start working out everyday, i notice a little more energy but not alot. Any advise is welcomed!

Replies

• comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't unusual for weight to stall while fat is continually lost. How many calories are you eating a day?
  • sadsongkrysy
    sadsongkrysy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Start walking, a lot of people have dropped weight just by walking. I walk/jog in place sometimes to get in extra calorie burn. Also I noticed if I don't calorie/carb cycle I hit plateaus a lot. If I haven't lost in 2 weeks I eat maintenance calories for a week then drop it back down and that usually helps. Make sure you're drinking enough water as that helps you lose weight. Good luck
  • becastillo1927
    becastillo1927 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MFP has me at 2200, i find this hard to achieve. I am usually eating between 1800 and 2000.
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If your gym has a rope pull machine, try that. Just get some exercise if at all possible. 1lfrec1uy9x0.jpeg
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food? Servings vary greatly in cups vs weight.
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you ain't losing weight for 3 weeks and you ain't seen a difference In mirror then you need to drop cals or increase exercise deficit = weight loss :)
  • crashmandi
    crashmandi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about pressure on your knees then another option for exercise could be the pool. There are lots of great waterbased workouts that can be done on your own or you could do a water based fitness class
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far! And you are keeping it off, which is another accomplishment!

It always comes down to persistence; weighing and measuring, that sort of thing.

A bit of exercise would help, if you can do it safely. I'd consult a PT or sports trainer, if you can. And a nutritionist. I know it's expensive.

Best of luck!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary, but try reducing your carbs / sugar by a lot. I was amazed at how much I began to take off when I reduced carbs / sugar. According to Covert Bailey (Fit or Fat) -- find a used copy on Amazon -- one of the best low impact / high effect exercises you can do is rowing. Even if you just sit there and move your butt back and forth on the track (gently rocking back and forth using the heels of your feet), you get some gentle stretching in these and some cardio. Good luck!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in hitting the gym, talk to your doctor about if they feel comfortable with you working out on machines or in manners that don't put pressure on your knees. Try the pool (aquatic cardio is incredibly beneficial for bad joints or joints under pressure!), a recumbent bike if you feel comfortable with it, or beginning a weight training regimen. Good luck my dear! Keep us posted :)
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't unusual for weight to stall while fat is continually lost. How many calories are you eating a day?

Yeah, this is normal, esp if you've been losing for three months straight. Just keep doing what you're doing -- making sure you're accurate by weighing food -- and it will start going down again. I once stalled for 2 months and my measurements barely changed. It can be frustrating, but seems to be how it goes sometimes ...
  • nsprieg
    nsprieg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It would not hurt to verify daily calories with one of the more accurate calculators out there. Switch to "expert" mode and you can make all sorts of changes.
    https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I can't see your food diary, but try reducing your carbs / sugar by a lot. I was amazed at how much I began to take off when I reduced carbs / sugar. According to Covert Bailey (Fit or Fat) -- find a used copy on Amazon -- one of the best low impact / high effect exercises you can do is rowing. Even if you just sit there and move your butt back and forth on the track (gently rocking back and forth using the heels of your feet), you get some gentle stretching in these and some cardio. Good luck!

no need to reduce carbs/sugar unless the person wants to or has a health issue,weight is lost in a deficit. Eating less carbs and sugar, IF it results in a deficit then weight will be lost,but otherwise its not necessary.The first thing that happens when you reduce carbs and sugar is you lose a lot of water weight/glycogen.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I stalled for five weeks at one point - I just kept going and came out of it. Water weight. Plus when I looked back at the weigh in data afterwards, there was a slight downward trend, it was just hard to see through the fluctuations.