Golf calorie burned question

Options
I played a round of golf in 4.5hrs (270minutes) walking and pulling cart and MFP says I burned about 1600 calories... does that seem right?

Replies

• jkerocks1
    jkerocks1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I Google it and approx. 1600 calories burned is actually is a fair estimate. Walking a 6500 yard course, if linear, is about 3.70 miles! I still don't plan to get off my food plan, although I'd love to play more! Lol
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Look at the other guys playing. Do they look like they are burning 1600 calories?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Typical calorie burn per mile walked is 100-150 for a typical guy. The 150 would be for a fairly heavy individual..

You walked about 4 miles plus chasing the ball when you didn't hit a perfect shot.

I'd say the calorie burn is about half of.the 1600 on MFP if that much

Glad you had a good time though.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    For golf, I take my Phone, it also has a GPS golf tracker app, and just use the logged steps. The MFP estimate for walking a golf course seems high. I, also, could never figure out why, if play is slow, I burned more calories playing the same course at the same score while playing more slowly. (Calories burned standing waiting for your next shot?)