Chinese food

Options
2»

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I don't like foreign food, it's so weird and different.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I don't like it

Ever since my moms bf told me I was eating my dog while eating Chinese take out one night as a child and I freaked out crying like a maniac

Chinese food has little appeal
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I keep kosher. Getting good kosher Chinese food in Toronto is difficult. (And before I became strictly kosher I had Chinese food in Chinatown, so I do know the difference.) Some ingredients are hard to find under proper supervision. We can get hoisin sauce, but not black bean, for example. Vegetarian oyster sauce is another tricky one.

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Just had chicken moo goo gai pan!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I don't like foreign food, it's so weird and different.

Right ? It's like it's from an alien world.

..... although, some Vulcan food can be pretty good.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I like my dog orange style and my kitties tso style. I LOVE mongolian! HuHots is one of my favorite places to eat. Or rather, WAS. I dont think there is one in NC. SC has one but its a few hours drive. Never had authentic anything (unless the little mexican ladies selling door to door were authentic mexicans.. Maybe they were fake and the food was real? I should sleep now..)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I keep kosher. Getting good kosher Chinese food in Toronto is difficult. (And before I became strictly kosher I had Chinese food in Chinatown, so I do know the difference.) Some ingredients are hard to find under proper supervision. We can get hoisin sauce, but not black bean, for example. Vegetarian oyster sauce is another tricky one.

Have you tried up in Thornhill? lots of kosher places up there
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I don't drive, so getting up there is interesting. I know of two places: Golden Chopsticks at Bathurst and Steeles, and a new place that's opened up a bit south around Pride of Israel that I haven't tried yet. I wasn't overly impressed with Golden Chopsticks the few times I've been there, though they might have improved.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Honey Prawns ...mmm orgasmic
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I love chinese... gotta go to china town for it though... were they have the ch cha chicken feet for sale...eew! But there food is amazing!
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I love chinese... gotta go to china town for it though... were they have the ch cha chicken feet for sale...eew! But there food is amazing!

I went to that big one in China town Sydney ..it was/is the biggest in the southern hemisphere ..food was delicious..can't eat chicken feet though ..
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    Cool... cant do the chicken feet thing either! Makes my stomach churn... just looking at them..lol... eeew
  • slimgirljo15
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Cool... cant do the chicken feet thing either! Makes my stomach churn... just looking at them..lol... eeew

Yum cha is my fave ..
    I usually get ..money bags..that rice and meat inside the vine leaf..noodles with pork etc ..
    Its nice to get a taste of a few different things ..
  • blackcomaro
    Options

Yum cha is my fave ..
    I usually get ..money bags..that rice and meat inside the vine leaf..noodles with pork etc ..
    Its nice to get a taste of a few different things ..

Yeah its best to share with a group so you get the whole experience. Food tastes better with good company...plus I enjoy making sure dishes go back empty...lol
  • bob108819
    bob108819 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love it all. Shrimp egg foo young is a go-to. Basically scrambled eggs with shrimp and onions and that yellowish brown gravy.