Ok so I'm going to ask it...embarassed

Options
Right I have to ask this question. There is a girl in work with me who could answer it as she is mad into cycling but not going there with her.

I've been doing spin class since last sep. All fine except I'm finding it a bit 'chaffing' down there IYKWIM!!! Women can understand what I mean!!!

I have a pair of what I think are cycling 3/4 lengths as there is padding around the seat area.

I suffer with bouts of thrush (don't know if spin caused this tbh as I didn't get it AT ALL in my life, only since Christmas 2010) and spin isn't really helping matters when I have it. But I don't want to stop spin class.

I'm just wondering if I should purchase some special cycling bottoms for it.

Sorry guys if this question goes above your head!!!! not my intention but just too morto to ask anywhere else!

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Yes, buy some cycling-specific shorts or a tube of Bodyglide. :-)
  • kimbertba
    kimbertba Posts: 7
    Options
    I know what you mean...but there are CHEAP products out there that you can buy that TOTALLY help!! Have you tried either Body Glide (they have a "for her" version)...often used by runners to keep from chaffing. Or Lanacane has an anti-chafing gel. The Body Glide works best...it's a stick like deodorant and you can buy it on-line or at most running gear stores. Hope that helps!! :smile:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    The dreaded saddle sores. Find a tube of this stuff called "Chamois Butt'r". Try it once, and you'll never stop using it. Feels icky applying it, but who cares. Beats chaffing any day. It's made specifically for cyclists and chaffing.

And, I know this doesn't help, but boys chaffe too. A LOT. I've had raw spots in places boys were never designed to be rubbed raw. Chaffing, and figuring out how to prevent it, are all part of cycling.

Hang in there, and I hope this helps.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Thrush is a yeast infection, as you probably already know, so be sure to keep on top of that. If it keeps coming back, your doctor may suggest a different treatment. Cotton underwear is a must when you are NOT working out but when you are exercising, the dry fit underwear might be helpful. Also get out of your workout clothes and shower asap. Im also wondering if the padding in your shorts isn't making things worse. And depending on exactly where you are getting chaffing, I would either try (1) a pad or (2) bandaid(s).