Starting over again.....

Options
Well, I am starting once again, and I won't say for the what time....lol. Anyways, I worked night shift, so that's what put all the weight in me to begin with along with all of life's other stresses. I have recently found my ideal job working Monday through Friday 8-5, however, it is a more sedentary job. I can better plan meals and have even bought containers. I am not a fan of fruits or vegetables, but am trying to incorporate what I can. I am at my highest weight, and excersice is difficult because my knees are bad from the excess weight. I purchased a MyFit board, and will try to increase increments daily. I don't overeat, I just think I'm not eating the right foods... Any suggestions and/or friend support would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lizziebe2244
    lizziebe2244 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what you are saying. I've been walking which has been helpful because I have constant pain and have to low impact exercise, I'm going to start yoga and swimming. You might try those as a start.
  • Keztral_73_Mind_Body_Soul
    Options
    Hey, I really relate.. I've just come back after 17 months away and gained a huge 4 stone in that small amount of time. I am now the heaviest I've been. Please add me if you want support
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you are overweight, you have been eating too much. To lose weight, you have to eat less. You can eat anything and anytime you want and lose weight, and you don't have to exercise, as long as you consistently eat less than you burn. A good diet will make it easier to eat less.

Education is empowering and liberating. Welcome back :)
  • Mgomez_25
    Mgomez_25 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you! Gained about 50lbs the last 5 years yikes! So if anyone needs support or motivation add me :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Well, I am starting once again, and I won't say for the what time....lol. Anyways, I worked night shift, so that's what put all the weight in me to begin with along with all of life's other stresses. I have recently found my ideal job working Monday through Friday 8-5, however, it is a more sedentary job. I can better plan meals and have even bought containers. I am not a fan of fruits or vegetables, but am trying to incorporate what I can. I am at my highest weight, and excersice is difficult because my knees are bad from the excess weight. I purchased a MyFit board, and will try to increase increments daily. I don't overeat, I just think I'm not eating the right foods... Any suggestions and/or friend support would be greatly appreciated!

I work from home Monday through Friday and know the struggles of sitting so much all day. I at least can get up and do housework but I stay so lazy because I make bad choices in foods. :-/ Feel free to add me as a friend. I am just starting back for the nth time myself and this time I really want to stick to it! We can do this!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over, too. One pound heavier than when I started using mfp a few years ago. I had lost about 25lbs. I have an event in two months that will hopefully keep me motivated. If I'm consistent I can get some pretty good results. "If" being the key word. I have CFS so most exercise is out. I used to love working out so I'm sad about that but I have to accept it and do what I can. I can walk and I've worked out a plan to slowly increase how much I will walk.

So , here goes...
  • Seatown_Gal
    Seatown_Gal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Same here. I had joined and was doing pretty good, eating right and working out. Then an injury, kids, work, life. Feel free to add me. I need to lose about 50 pounds.
  • Aftronthegreat
    Aftronthegreat Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also have recently started over, 2 years ago I was over 20lbs lighter when I started MFP. Its a real scare / wake up call to have gotten on a scale and seen that jump!! My knees are also terrible (even before all the weight)- I find the elliptical so easy on them, that and water zumba. Also I do a lot of low impact zumba (youtube is great) and I don't do the jumps and such to save my knees! Feel free to add me too :smile: I have a lot to lose!