speacial k diet

Options
so i was curious has anyone done the speacial k diet with 2 shakes and 1 meal a day and small snack in between if so what was your outcome?

Replies

• ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    I tried, didn't even last a week. I was starving. It's all sugar so it's really not that good for you!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    all sugar, very very carb heavy. and very low calorie. best to just focus on better nutrition. it'll do you much better in the long run
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like the slim-fast plan to me. I tried it and I was hungry. Those two shakes plus two infant sized snacks did not keep me full during the day.Then they had the nerve to say eat a sensible meal which meant 300-400 calories (a piece of grilled chicken with a scoop of brown rice and a handful of broccoli). Yea...as you can see, that didn't work so well for me. lol
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did it this past summer- prob about a week and a half. I would recommend cutting your calories and exercising. I have seen more improvement this way than what the special k diet can give you. And you can eat more, feel full longer AND have way more energy :)
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you're already counting calories it's not going to do anything substantial.

I tried it because I LOVE cereal but I was already actively using MFP so it did not do much except make me starving by the 4th day.

If you break it down, it's what you're already doing. The trick is it's automatic portion control for people who aren't counting their calories (or aren't properly). Therefore, by the time dinner comes around they've only eaten about 400-500 calories if they've followed the diet properly. That means for dinner they can eat ALMOST anything they want and be under 1400 calories for the day (which was the calorie goal I had at the time).

It's just a gimmick. Nothing special--unless you love cereal. I do love cereal and I have it every single day for breakfast (except Sunday--that's pancake day :-)).

Bottom line--just sticking to what MFP allocates will do the same thing the Special K diet does.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    I've done the special k diet, cabbage soup diet, cereal diet, slim fast........ I lost weight with them all. Then as soon as I started eating I piled it all back on- plus more- as if my body was punishing me for putting it through the trauma. If you want a quick fix they do work but be prepared to put it back on- its not a lifestyle.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Original Special K has a decent amount of protein (for cereal) - all the others are pretty low. The fiber count is not great on any of them. Maybe the snack bars have fiber?

Like a previous poster said - the sugar would be too much for me also. Just makes me want more sugar.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    the special K thing is such a good marketing ploy, tis easy to follow and WILL work, but int he end you replace two of your meals in a day with any meal thats less than 300 cals and you'll lose weight. Do that if needs be rather than just buying specifically special k
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you're already counting calories it's not going to do anything substantial.

I tried it because I LOVE cereal but I was already actively using MFP so it did not do much except make me starving by the 4th day.

If you break it down, it's what you're already doing. The trick is it's automatic portion control for people who aren't counting their calories (or aren't properly). Therefore, by the time dinner comes around they've only eaten about 400-500 calories if they've followed the diet properly. That means for dinner they can eat ALMOST anything they want and be under 1400 calories for the day (which was the calorie goal I had at the time).

It's just a gimmick. Nothing special--unless you love cereal. I do love cereal and I have it every single day for breakfast (except Sunday--that's pancake day :-)).

Bottom line--just sticking to what MFP allocates will do the same thing the Special K diet does.

Well put!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Got headaches doing it. I was done after a week.
  • baschmidt2
    baschmidt2 Posts: 46
    Options
    I did it last summer for 2 weeks and I lost about 10 lbs but it is easy to gain back. I wouldn't suggest it. :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!