havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Got em
    Don't look pretty
    Don't think you can get rid of em
  • KirstenJ
    KirstenJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do have them but im thinking they will go away.
    when i lost weight last time they did
    in the meantime..
    next time your at the store pick up some Bio-Oil, i've heard from a lot of my girlfriends that it works.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of stretch marks, I don't have any myself but I do know that you can't completely get rid of them, I think there are ways to fade them though, maybe try what kirstenJ said. Sorry for the bad news!

~Leash
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    my mom used to rub vitamin e i think oil on herself when she was pregnant to not get them. I had them on my boobs in high school and the vitamin e oil worked for me..
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thansk girls.
  • gperry227
    Options
    Got em. Hate em. Want to get rid of em. Shy of plastic surgery, I am lost.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Can't get rid of 'um, but they will fade. Using a firming lotion like Palmer's Cocoa Butter helps, though. A good friend of mine lost 50+lbs and still has stretch marks, but she was persistent in rubbing that lotion on and the marks are really hard to see.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Got em, belly and hips from the 8.5 # twerp. I might try the vitamin e, not only are mine not really going away with regular lotion, dropping some weight gives you more of that lovely mommy tummy. Maybe that fat between my abs and skin was really a good thing afterall.:grumble:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Got em
    Don't look pretty
    Don't think you can get rid of em

What she said.

If you recently had kids - they will fade (purple/red will turn blueish-grey.) I know my skin will never be flawless again (surgery would help, but that's not for me right now). That's ok - I got three great kids outta the deal :laugh:
  • PurdyMommy
    Options
    Yeah i dont even think about SURGERY cause if they do a tummy tuck and cut some fat off I will still haev stretchmarks. I asked my Dh 2 nights ago if I could get RE-SKINNED! lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    my experience......
    got em, lost weight, now they are hardly noticable...YAY for weight loss!!:flowerforyou: They probably are still there as from what I understand it's from your skin stretching so they don't go away but mine are barely noticeable so I'm so OK with that!:tongue::wink: :laugh:

Not fun to have war wounds but by far better to be healthy and learn to love my body than loath it like I used to:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:

FC:heart:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Tanning also helps stretch marks look less noticable and also makes you look more thin and toned. Have you ever noticed most people in before and after pictures are tanned in their after picture?
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i think BIO - OIL works for me anyway

it makes my skin super soft and i think the stretch marks are slowly fading

the more exercise and toning up i do, i presume they will go away?
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Is a pure coincidence that are they flashing at the top of the screen right now???
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I've got a ton of stretch marks. :( They're pretty much all around my tummy. I hope once I lose weight i can get rid of them.
  • PurdyMommy
    Options
    Yeah Ive had them since before my daughter was born! ihave them on my lower back too. THEY SUCK! And tanning DIDNT help mine. They actually looked whiter to me! Mine are deep. I need to buy soem Bio-Oil. I heard that before. THANKS GIRLS!
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    from what i understand, cocoa butter or bio oil really do the trick.
    i went out and bought a bottle of cocoa butter and started applying it about a week ago.

i have really bad marks on my back nd my boyfriend pointed them out to me (which almost made me wanna cry) but since i've been applying it, he said he can see a little bit of a difference.