Would like to connect with other ladies in their 40's to share & motivate...

Options
Hey There! I have been active on MFP since mid January and I have done well. I am looking to connect with others like me... women in their 40's trying to get healthier and in the process lose weight. I am 43, 5'8" and my starting weight on Jan 11th was 260. My current weight is 233. Just three pounds away from being 30 lbs down!! YES!! My short term goal weight is 199! It will feel amazing to get out of the 200's! My long term goal is 175 <~~ I'd weigh less than my husband and I have NEVER weighed less than him as he was small built when we dated/met and well... I have just never been smaller than him. What an amazing feeling that will be when the day comes. I go to the gym a minimum of five times a week, usually more. I utilize MFP and weigh my food.

I have some friends on here.. but would like more that are active & being chatty won't hurt. A like is noticed but real motivation comes when feedback is given. I am NOT a negative by the book person... what works for one is not going to work for everyone.

Looking forward to starting a few new friendships....

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    B)
  • MrsMacW7
    MrsMacW7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. I started last year, have today gone past the 5 stone mark, not conventional slimmer with no gym or other, just some walking, still enjoy occasional takeaway or cream cake, but always record EVERYTHING however bad it makes the day look! I plan ahead to allow for treats, and have been going now for over 300 days. Plan was never an end goal, deliberate slow weight loss - I mean this loss to last, drinking LOTS of water ( which I always forget to record!). I am 50 in June and made decision didn't want to meet that milestone so big.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    B)
  • Keztral_73_Mind_Body_Soul
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • sarahmurch73
    sarahmurch73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    46 here. Im not trying to lose weight but I've been into fitness for years and I'm happy to help.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I been here since 5/15. Lost 73, gained about 8 back and now am trying to finally get to my goal weight of 140. Slow and steady seems to be my path. I am hoping to hit my goal around my 2 year anniversary of mfp. As of today I have 15.2 pounds to go. PS, I am almost 48.

• Sayley1
    Sayley1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi...please add me. I'm 47 and just getting started.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm also 43, mum to two teenagers. I've always been a healthy weight until 3yrs ago when I became ill/bedridden and shot up by 2 stone. Since I was able to get out of bed, I lost one stone on my own and am using the MFP to get the last stone off. I'm 5'1" and 126lbs now. Feel free to add/friend me if you like.
  • suz829
    suz829 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! 45 and also wanting friends to accompany me on this journey! Add me :)
  • lisa7734
    lisa7734 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, I'm 48 and when I started I was 219 now down to 210 it's very hard for me, because I am pretty much raising 2 of our grandchildren and they are 3 and 4 and eat all the time so I'm always around food and also I have fibromyalgia which makes it very hard to do a lot of exercises
  • lynda_goalgetter
    lynda_goalgetter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely looking for an accountability partner to share weekly goals with, encourage each other and check in on our progress. I've left the maze of social media while I'm on my journey to lose 45lbs. I'm 48 years young and have been up and down the scale for the last 10 years and not been under 150 ever since my 2nd child who is now 24! I currently walk 4-5 miles a day and will get back into a regular fitness schedule to include strength training in the next couple of weeks. I have my calendar marked to begin the whole30 journey April 2. So please anyone interested please add me as a friend.
  • pookerdoodle
    pookerdoodle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 40 and any additional motivation would be greatly appreciated! feel free to add me!
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request.....I'm 42..... let's do this!
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    44 here! Feel free to add me! I log in daily and have an open journal.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
  • amyrvg
    amyrvg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 43 also...told myself aft. Started Nov 29th at 248 and am 36 lbs lighter...
  • amyrvg
    amyrvg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Too quick on the post... Meant to say that I told myself after walking Disney in November that I wanted to be 40 lbs lighter when I walk it again next November.... I am almost at that goal and have made another one for 180. I fear these next 30 will be much harder... Would like to hear about your journey in weeks and months to come.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and 25 more lbs to lose ...You are more than welcome to add me ...I would love to cheer you on :)
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    B)