Macros

Options
I put my new weight in my settings and it gave me new macros. This time I am going to try and use the macros it set. Just I find them high as I don't workout. I am just looking for your opinion.

swx211snlnsu.png

Thanks

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    What do you have as your target weight loss rate?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats? What is your activity (sedentary most of the day or active job)? MFP sets macros based on the RDA guidelines. You could increase your protein and fats some since they will aid in satiety. As long as you have a calorie deficit you will lose. Macros are important for many reasons, but the deficit is key. Make sure you are weighing all of your food and using correct entries.
  • gottagetitoff11
    gottagetitoff11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I got my target wright at 200 pounds. Activity level is cleaning and chasing my grandkids around.

I thought that much protein was for people who workout..
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nope, protein is important for everyone, particularly those losing weight as it helps retain existing muscle (strength training helps better with this). Muscle is good, so protein is good. Plus, people generally find protein more filling than carbohydrates but that is entirely personal.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    A protein goal of 0.8-1g/pound of body weight is for people who are trying to lose weight. Doesn't really matter if you are working out or not. Carbs are sources of fuel and of all the macros are the least necessary. Fat is necessary for hormone regulation and absorption of vitamins. Wouldn't really count the cleaning and chasing kids around as moderate or high, but will improve your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) which will help with weight loss vs being completely sedentary.
  • brichards_
    brichards_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I set my carbs to 65, protein to 15, and fat to 20. I like a higher carb diet because I eat a lot of fruit and whole grains but I also try to eat mono and unsaturated fats. And I fit protein in where I can.