Finding the right combo

Options
Has anyone ever tried to change their calories to maintain on the weekend to give yourself a little wiggle room? I was curious how it would work if I ate 1200 calories daily during the week and switched it to maintain on the weekends so I could eat more. Any thoughts? Has anyone tried that?

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Lots of people use a weekly calorie target - you can see your weekly stats on the app under Nutrition > Net Calories > Weekly. Yes, your body will reflect calorie intake on average. If you know you eat more on the weekend, you can make up for it by eating less on weekdays.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you have a realistic goal (ie 1 # a week) and are spot on tracking your calories, it will absolutely work. You might also want to add a little buffer by doing some extra cardio on weekends (running or what have you). You can also track weekly. be prepared to see a small bump on Mondays that should work itself off by Weds.
  • fatbgone77
    fatbgone77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

annacole94 wrote: »
    Lots of people use a weekly calorie target - you can see your weekly stats on the app under Nutrition > Net Calories > Weekly. Yes, your body will reflect calorie intake on average. If you know you eat more on the weekend, you can make up for it by eating less on weekdays.

That's good to know! I didn't realize I can do a weekly average. Thank you!
  • fatbgone77
    fatbgone77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    If you have a realistic goal (ie 1 # a week) and are spot on tracking your calories, it will absolutely work. You might also want to add a little buffer by doing some extra cardio on weekends (running or what have you). You can also track weekly. be prepared to see a small bump on Mondays that should work itself off by Weds.

That is good advice, thank you! The weekends have been hard for me lately so I'm trying to experiment to make this work.
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I actually just decided to start this strategy this week. Weekends are hard because we often go out to eat as a family. My daily goal is 1200, so I'm dropping to 850 M-F and about 2000 on weekends. I just aim to skip breakfast (coffee instead), very light lunch (250 or under) and normal dinner of about 600 calories, with a possible 100 calorie snack thrown in if I'm super hungry.