Wine!

Options
I like my wine too much at weekend! Any thoughts on how to cut down?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I limited it to just the weekend so your already hthere, And i workout and save up calories to make it fit. Either decide you want it and work for it, Or you dont and dont ;D
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I pre-log a glass or two and see if it will fit. I'm not a big drinker anyway, but I got in the habit of wearing an extra ring, on a finger I don't normally where one, when I go out to something I might overdo it at, to remind me I logged two glasses so there's a better chance I'll stick with it.

You can also alternate - after a glass of wine have water or seltzer or diet soda.

When I'm in a deficit, I often switch to beer. With wine I always feel like once I open the bottle I HAVE to drink it. Beer comes in single servings :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I find it works not to just drink one drink after another. I intersperse it with a herb tea or an amount of water if I've not hit that goal for the day. Especially drinking at home if I'm surfing the web or on my playstation it's just mindless anyway and the other drinks fill that habit just as well.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I like my wine but decided for now to mostly completely cut it out. Personally I seem to be losing weight better without it.
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like wine a lot too. Am giving it up for now.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I love red wine, but I have cut down a little. Like someone else said, I've been banking calories for the weekend lately, so I can have a glass with hubby after the kids are asleep. I've also replaced wine with light beer some. The portion control with the beer helps--when the wine bottle is open it's too easy to top off my glass! Plus with the beer, I've gotten into the habit of putting a bottle in the freezer to make it icy cold. This adds a step I have to do before drinking a second beer, and sometimes I just won't bother with it. Either way, I've been trying to limit my alcohol calories to 200-300 calories per day when I do drink, usually about 3 nights per week.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I love wine, too. I slip some in occasionally when I have the calories for it. Banking calories is also a good option...I do that for weekends sometimes.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just say no. Don't buy it and you won't drink it. That's how I quit smoking. I figured if I didn't buy them I wouldn't smoke them. It worked. Smoke free!!!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I pre-log a glass or two and see if it will fit. I'm not a big drinker anyway, but I got in the habit of wearing an extra ring, on a finger I don't normally where one, when I go out to something I might overdo it at, to remind me I logged two glasses so there's a better chance I'll stick with it.

You can also alternate - after a glass of wine have water or seltzer or diet soda.

When I'm in a deficit, I often switch to beer. With wine I always feel like once I open the bottle I HAVE to drink it. Beer comes in single servings :)

I have my fathers home brew (very good stuff) in a box. Means I don't have to drink a bottle in a night or two.

• sharunza
    sharunza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I find not drinking any alcohol is easier that trying to manage fitting it in.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I like my wine too much at weekend! Any thoughts on how to cut down?

I'm guessing you are looking for something other than the obvious "drink less". I'd say cut back more during the week so you have calories for more on the weekend.

And drink less. :)
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Vodka instead with soda water and lime is my choice. Wine goes down too easy so trying to stay clear of it.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Restrict yourself to having wine with dinner, perhaps. Once you become used to it as part of a meal, you might be less tempted to reach for it at other times.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I love drinking red wine and my husband also loves wine and drinks it every night..it makes it very hard not to.

I have been using my food scale to measure out exactly 6oz and then telling myself I cannot have anymore. I wait as long as possible before having my glass so that I can savour it and then brush my teeth. If I had a glass of wine with dinner it would be pretty hard for me not to have a second glass.

I also remind myself that it's bad for a woman to drink more than 1 glass a day for health reasons.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wine, bottles of it. I don't keep it in the house regularly, but know what a 5oz pour looks like for that rare occasion. Typically I limit myself to a glass or two with restaurant meals. It's what I miss most in my daily life.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love wine as well. I set my diary to lose weight slower so that I can have more room for wine.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had friends over the other week and I made Sangria. By mixing my wine 50/50 with soda water, it lasted soooo much longer!
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't cut it out, just fit it in and log it- daily wine, a few glasses, works out into my carb total.. life is too short to give that up, I've already cut way back on nice cheese and delicious fatty meat- gave up drinking when I was pregnant but that was then, this is now!! Time for me!!
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I bank calories if i know I'm going out over the weekend. Generally I try to bank around 400 cals cause lord knows I'm not just going to have one glass on a Friday or Saturday night. Gives me enough of a buffer for a couple well planned drinks. Just eat a little less over the course of the week to compensate for the weekend.