Losing weight for a specific event...friends required!

Options
Hi all,

I would love to become friends on MFP with people who are wishing to motivate and inspire each other in their journey, whatever that may be.

I first started using MFP in 2011 and with the support of an amazing group of people met through the message boards, lost over 50lbs. Yet, life happened and I have put on 28lbs over the course of this year.

I am aiming for a 14lb lost by my 30th birthday in May. Anyone else have an event in mind they are aiming towards? Be great to help each other out.

Replies

• rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! If you,ve lost it before you can lose it again! Don't sweat the bad days just don't let them become a frequent habit! x
  • naturemom3
    naturemom3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 23 pounds by the beginning of May. I have a marathon relay I'm doing then and I cannot do it well at the weight I am. Then I'd like to lose a bit more by a fundraiser in the beginning of June. I need to wear a dress at that event and I want to look good. I have lost weight here before but I am older now (48) and it seems to be getting harder, so having friends to help me be accountable and to cheer each other on may help!!

Elaine
  • Miribrown03
    Miribrown03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to calculate in pounds cos ive been used to the kilogram scale all my life. Anyways I'm trying to loose about 30kg before my anniversary in May! Just started using this app just on the 25th Feb and it's amazing logging in my food intakes daily to watch my calorie intake! In just a week I've lost 5kg by doing so with little or no exercises (cos I have a 1yr old). I can't wait for the next 12 weeks!
  • jonzettlemoyer
    jonzettlemoyer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just joined up on the app. Look forward to seeing your progress and to assist with keeping the motivation going!