Help!...Routine?

Options
This is a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if anyone would care to share their weekly workout routines or even drop any links to any suggested workouts.
I'm fairly new to the gym and as of now I have nothing to stick to and don't really know how the machines work or if using them would benefit me. I just walk in and just kind of wander around and usually end up on the elliptical or treadmill. It's getting very boring and it would be easier to go to the gym if I had a plan. I'm looking to burn fat if that helps anything.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Google new rules of lifting for women, or strong curves or strong lifts.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Check out the Tone it Up girls. They have a lot of great workouts you can access by signing up for their email lists even without purchasing any of their products (although you will get a lot of emails about that). I usually just get their printouts from Pinterest.
    I also just go on Pinterest and search on HIIT workouts for ideas. There are a few that I like such as the Alphabet workout, full name workout, and the Deck of Doom (get a deck of cards with jokers and assign a particular move to each suit and then start going through the deck doing the move you assigned and the number on the card you turned up. Aces are 1, Jacks 11, Queens 12, and Kings 13. I usually use push ups, med-ball sit ups, squats, and kettle bell swings for the suits and do 1 minute of burpees or sprints for the jokers.)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    For a gym routine, I'd check out Strong Curves. Neghar Fonooni and Jen Sinkler (Lift Weights Faster) have some good stuff as well, including higher rep, circuit style workouts.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Google new rules of lifting for women, or strong curves or strong lifts.

Yep. My current plan is Wendler 5/3/1 with a body building template. It's a 4 day a week program. I'll be switching to big but boring after my cut, just trying to squeeze out those last few drops of growth before then.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    This is a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if anyone would care to share their weekly workout routines or even drop any links to any suggested workouts.
    I'm fairly new to the gym and as of now I have nothing to stick to and don't really know how the machines work or if using them would benefit me. I just walk in and just kind of wander around and usually end up on the elliptical or treadmill. It's getting very boring and it would be easier to go to the gym if I had a plan. I'm looking to burn fat if that helps anything.

Burning fat will be from the diet. A solid progressive overload routine will make you stronger, potentially help increase muscle mass, and make you look a hella good. Below is pretty much your one stop shop.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

For the ladies, the favs tend to be: StongCurves, NROL4W, Thinner Leaner Stronger, StrongLift or Starting Strength.

Yep! Did just over a year of Stronglifts before moving on to an intermediate program and LOVED it!

You can check it out at stronglifts.com. There are only five lifts to learn, and only three days a week, but awesome progress. Download the app and use it at the gym to track your weights, days and progress. I <3<3<3 Stronglifts!
  • jcpolk1856
    jcpolk1856 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do full body workouts when i go and i usually do cardio at the end of my workout. Saying that, I'll start with kettlebell presses and bicep curls. Then dips and pullups followed by the cable low row, leg curls, and calf extensions. I bought a heavy jump rope but it hasn't arrived yet. My cardio is usually a stationary bike for 30min
  • jcpolk1856
    jcpolk1856 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I forget abs lol. I'll do hanging knee raises and bottom ups
  • tbarrychuck
    tbarrychuck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I follow Lauren Gleisberg aka Fitness Barbie. I take snap shots of her work outs and use that.
    You can follow her online or in pinterest