Need help finding right exercises!!

Options
Hi, just joined today. Been on a low cal diet for 2 weeks and I've lost 8 pounds. Now I would like to add exercise to that but I have no idea where to start with the exercises. I was hoping there would be examples of exercise programs on here. BTW, I sit at a desk ALL DAY and get very little exercise right now so I need to start off slow I think.

Anyone have any tips or ideas or exercises they can recommend??

Thanks, Pennywise

Replies

• sarahmurch73
    sarahmurch73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    pennywise wrote: »
    Hi, just joined today. Been on a low cal diet for 2 weeks and I've lost 8 pounds. Now I would like to add exercise to that but I have no idea where to start with the exercises. I was hoping there would be examples of exercise programs on here. BTW, I sit at a desk ALL DAY and get very little exercise right now so I need to start off slow I think.

Anyone have any tips or ideas or exercises they can recommend??

Thanks, Pennywise

• sarahmurch73
    sarahmurch73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Brilliant on your weight loss!! I have trouble exercising due to illness and am sedentary alot of the time.
    When I do exercise I do gentle beginners yoga (from a cheap book I bought), gentle walking with a good pair of support trainers with cushioned insoles in and swim in a warm pool.
    I'm happy for you too add me if you'd like support x
  • carlos1ruiz
    carlos1ruiz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not sure how old you are or what your mobility is? You can find a lot of free programs online. Myself I like to lift weights and learned a lot about weight training and nutrition from YouTube and Podcasts. But whatever your goals are I'm sure you can find something on YouTube. You just have to be careful there's a lot of useless information as well. Just remember nothing is fast and simple. It takes time