Finally Posting Before/After Pics

Options

Replies

• FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    you look soo good. keep up the great work :)
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Can i ask how often did you do the 5k a week. and how long did it take you to get to 30 sec to 3 mile? i swear have tryed it few timse and have just said god im never gonna be able to run and then we had a girl night and one of the girls said ur a runner or your not some can some just cant run.:cry:
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR SHARING :flowerforyou:
  • helen0241
    helen0241 Posts: 26
    Options
    You inspire.me I am so pround of you !!!!!!!!!!
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! What an amazing accomplishment! You look happy and healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you baby girl! You have done an awesome job. For everyone else reading these posts, not only has she done this for herself but she has been such an inspiration to her family. She drug me on board in January and I'm at a 69lb loss. Her grandmother started in March and is almost to 50. Her aunt and uncle in May have lost 25 and 35. Another aunt and 2 cousins have just got started but are doing GREAT! That's what it's all about......being healthy and passing it on! I love you Ashes.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    wow what a difference...you look wonderful! Good job!!:happy: :smile:
  • ahunt888
    ahunt888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can i ask how often did you do the 5k a week. and how long did it take you to get to 30 sec to 3 mile? i swear have tryed it few timse and have just said god im never gonna be able to run and then we had a girl night and one of the girls said ur a runner or your not some can some just cant run.:cry:

I definitely did not complete it in the nine weeks it's supposed to take. More like 6 months lol. I never could run before. Even in grade school when we were supposed to do the mile run for the presidential fitness test. I always started out for the first few seconds, but then watched all the other kids pass me and had to walk it. I loved the program overall, but it wasn't all great. Some days I felt like you described and just wanted to quit. Having said that, I'm still firmly in the "everyone can run" camp. I really think the key is to take it slow and listen to your body. Your body wants to be healthy and active. If you give it the time it needs it will surprise you.

I did the workouts 3 - 4 times a week, modifying as necessary. I would complete one workout and evaluate how hard it was. If I felt like I just wanted to go to bed and sleep for 3 days, I knew I wasn't ready to move on. I would do that same workout again (sometimes 5 or 6 times lol) until I could do it comfortably. For me this meant that when I was finished I still felt like I could go a few more minutes if I had to. That's the point where I would move on to the next workout. If I couldn't make the jump directly I would work up to it by subtracting a minute of jogging and adding a minute of walking (or something similar) and build up to it over the course of a few days or a week or so.

My mistake with trying to run in the past had always been too much, too soon. It left me burnt out and in pain and wondering why I ever tried in the first place. But now I take it slow and it just feels good to push myself. I really hoped this helped and I hope you'll give it another shot. Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    I'm so proud of you baby girl! You have done an awesome job. For everyone else reading these posts, not only has she done this for herself but she has been such an inspiration to her family. She drug me on board in January and I'm at a 69lb loss. Her grandmother started in March and is almost to 50. Her aunt and uncle in May have lost 25 and 35. Another aunt and 2 cousins have just got started but are doing GREAT! That's what it's all about......being healthy and passing it on! I love you Ashes.

Awesome! From the sounds of it you have quite an inspiration in your family! Way to go!!
  • ahunt888
    Options

Aw. You're gonna make me cry. Lol. Love you too!
  • ahunt888
    Options
    You inspire.me I am so pround of you !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Mawmaw. Love you!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • judyfletch
    judyfletch Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You Look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • diamondigrl
    Options
    Such a inspiration!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Good job!
  • skyscudvr1
    Options
    WOW! Great Job! You started where I am starting, and I hope I am as sucessful!
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! Great job!!
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    WOW! WOW! WOW!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're pretty cute!
  • socialite51
    Options
    Whoop..Whoop. Awesome ending.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!