Midnight Chow

Options
So I know that its good to snack a little throughout the day, but what about during the night?

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating at night. Your body burns calories 24/7, so it really doesn't make a huge difference what time you eat. I usually have some peanuts and almonds before bed. As long as you can fit it into your daily calorie goal, go for it!
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    I have done some quick research, and it all comes down to the calories in/calories out ratio we all know and love. There is the old thinking that eating late at night and then going to bed will turn the calories to fat quicker, but I have seen both camps argue this. The only real danger is going to bed full, waking up and not wanting breakfast, which then means you eat more later the next night. All research I have seen supports the "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper" theory in order to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. But, I know people who work the night shift, and have their calorie schedule all messed up. It appears that a calorie is a calorie, no matter when you ingest it!! Good luck!!