Fatosaurus Rex, is that you?? (3-month challenge starting Monday, March 6th)

Options
Here’s the deal: in this 3-month challenge, your beginning and end weight are NOT important. The only thing that really matters is your body fat percentage (BF %). As such, your goal must be a BF %. For example, I am currently 21% BF, and my goal is 16% BF. Weight will be used only as a way to calculate fat, lean body mass, and caloric needs.

Details: this challenge starts on Monday, March 6th and is open to a total of 4 individuals including myself, (6 if there is interest). Every Monday morning, we’ll all check in with our BF %. There will be a Google spreadsheet so we can easily keep track of each other’s progress. There will also be a group forum, of course.

To qualify for this challenge, you must 1) have a method of measuring your body fat, 2) have some kind of training regimen, 3) diet in a smart way (i.e. don’t starve yourself). Simple enough, eh?

In a small group, there is more pressure to follow through to the end since if anyone drops out everyone will notice. This challenge is for those of you who intend to finish what you start. I look forward to reaching our goals together.

-Jen

Replies

• swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love this idea as my ultimate end game is a body fat percentage and not a number on the scale. I have a fair amount of weight and body fat to lose, so I'm this for the long haul. And, I meet all of the above criteria. Looking forward to this!

Jennifer
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @luvmy4sps, excellent, glad to have you on board. I'll send you a friend and group request shortly :)
  • CantonRC
    CantonRC Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your body fat % ?
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    CantonRC wrote: »
    How are you measuring your body fat % ?

I use the Accumeasure skinfold caliper. Super easy to use, and only $10 on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/AccuMeasure-MyoTape-AM-3000-Fitness-Personal/dp/B002VAPHXW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488245585&sr=8-1&keywords=accumeasure
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Right now I am using the US Navy method of body fat. It's just a calculation, but still provides a trend. Once my body fat gets a little lower I'll start using the calipers.
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ok, i am interested in this. I really like the US Navy one. it was accurate when i cross checked it with the gym bioelectrical impedance scale. I am a regular gym goer and do strength training and cardio alternate days. started at 42% BF, now down to 38% in a month. I love this concept. I am in for this. my goal is to reach somewhere around 25-28% BF by end of it.
  • kelseylynnboling
    Options
    I am
    Interested! Is it too late to join?
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    @nehaad88, that is a perfect goal to have for this challenge. You're in!

@kelseylynnboling, you are just in time to join :)
  • CantonRC
    CantonRC Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm interested also can I join ?
  • Tam4714
    Tam4714 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't know if it's too late or not, since you said up to 6 if there was interest, but I'd love to join!

I'm at 41.75% body fat currently (eek!) and desperately needing to get it down. My goal is to have it down to 32% (average body fat for a female of my age) by the end of the challenge.
  • snugglesworthjr
    Options
    @CantonRC and @Tam4714, yes you may both join. I'll send out friend and group invitations shortly.

This challenge is now closed to further participants!
  • melehoala
    melehoala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if not too late!
  • Tam4714
    Tam4714 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @CantonRC and @Tam4714, yes you may both join. I'll send out friend and group invitations shortly.

This challenge is now closed to further participants!

Thanks! So excited to do this!