Calories Consummed

Options
When do people eat most of their calories? I wonder if it's best to divide calories up and eat them equally across the day or whether having a large breakfast then eat less for the rest of the day.

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    There's no One Best Way. I eat fairly spread over the day, with my biggest meal usually being dinner. Other people skip breakfast altogether and eat two larger meals, with or without snacks.

Personally, I'm not that hungry in the morning and tend to want a bedtime snack.
  • FarewellBlues
    FarewellBlues Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Depends what works well for you. When I was waking up later and doing a lot of my work (and also exercise) later in the day, I tended to consume one larger meal at night, and have just a light snack to start my day, or a few before/after the larger meal. Now that I'm waking up early and exercising first thing, I prefer a light breakfast, large lunch, and light dinner. Just figure out what keeps your energy up throughout the day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The best way is what works for you. There's no magic time to eat. You have to do what works best for YOU and your personal situation.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I eat the majority of my calories for dinner and dessert. I eat very sparingly through the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    When do people eat most of their calories?
    I usually eat half of my calories for dinner, and the other half split equally between breakfast and lunch. Dinner is usually the last meal of the day. I eat the last meal of the day 2 - 8 hours before bed.

I wonder if it's best to divide calories up and eat them equally across the day or whether having a large breakfast then eat less for the rest of the day.
    It can be best for you, or it can be of no importance to you. It can be important to person A and not important at all to person B. Grazing all day or eating one big meal per day, or any other setup can work just as well.
    Also, best for what? Do whatever fits your preference, lifestyle, work and social life.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you. I usually have about 40-50% of my calories at night.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My breakfast (post workout) and dinner tend to be my biggest meals. I usually make breakfast really high in protein and fiber and that keeps me full quite a while. Lunch and snacks are usually veggie heavy and lower in fat and calories
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat once a day, sometimes four. Mostly two or three. I just do what feels right that particular day