Halloween Hard Gainer 15 lb challenge

Options
I realize a lot of people on MFP are here to lose weight, but there are a few of us out there that are pushing just as hard to add a few pounds. I am shooting for adding a pound a week for the next 15 weeks. I am doing this for health, strength and making my wife get that twinkle in her eye when she looks my way. I will push weights along with calories to hit my goal. This is a mini goal. I am a tall guy, so I wanna put on another 15 by New Years. If you have similar goals, and not going it alone helps keep you "on the wagon" then take this challenge with me and maybe we will learn some tips along the way.

Replies

• dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    lucky man, u should focus on building muscles and good protein intake
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Good luck with your goal :)
  • fitrobb
    fitrobb Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks!! So far going it alone, but then I am mainly doing it for me. Partners just make the journey a little less monotonous which is why I'm hoping I will have some people join this challenge. Just think how good we'll feel in 15 weeks when the goal is met! At Halloween, they better be scared :)
  • fitrobb
    Options
    Definitely working on the protein and carbs. I have been eating the same # g protein as body weight consistently, but for my body, I need the carbs to make the protein last in my system.
  • fitrobb
    Options
    ok must be wrong site for this challenge. That's ok. Everybody here is working to get better, and it's not easy for anyone - just how dedicated you are about your goals.