Newbie! Hi Everyone!

Options
Hi Everyone, I've signed on up to help myself get a healthier life! I'm a stay-at-home mom with 3 girls (7, 5, 20mo.) and I have no idea how to get out to walk, jog, do anything without having to haul along all three. But back to the subject at hand, I'm overweight, a lot. and I'm ready to quit it. I want to wear cute clothes and run around with the kids and live a long life, and right now, I'm sure not headed in that direction!
Good luck to all your out there with your journeys and I hope for good luck with mine!

Replies

• lval82
    lval82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to start! I can't imagine how hard it would be with three kids at home. Feel free to add me!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site has been amazing for me! I love it here! Add me if you'd like!
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm a new mom, sorta. She's 7 months! But I'm a single mom and it's difficult for me to go to the gym, so I don't. I do all of my exercise at home and I also go for walks with my daughter, so that I get time with her and exercise at the same time. It definitely is hard with kids, especially 3! But that's why you should get in shape to ensure that they have a healthy role model that will be with them for a long time. Good luck!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can't imagine having three little ones, but I bet there's lots of great videos out there that promote dancing for and with your kids. And if no video, just throw in a CD or turn on the radio and boogie for 30 minutes every day.
  • soguesswhat
    soguesswhat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbie! There's lots of us newbies here, too! I don't have three little ones, but I know how hard it can be to get out when you have kids. I only have one and it's hard enough. lol Anyway, you can add me if you like, we can both use the support, right? :)
  • Shashney
    Shashney Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how you feel with three kids. I have a 10 yr old a 5 yr old and a 8 month old. I to would also like to lose weight to be healthy and so I can look good. I want my outside to look as sexy as I feel inside. It's so hard with the kids to be able to go walking or workout. I've resorted to loading the baby in her baby sling and toting her around for at least 30 minutes a day. It's a start. :happy: Add me if you'd like we can keep each other motivated.
  • ThatGamesStudent
    Options
    Welcome :) I've only just joined too, but from what i can see everyone here is friendly.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I know how you feel with kids. I have two of my own a 3 year old and 10 months old. It's really a challenge for me to find time for myself with working full-time, running the house, caring for two kids and not to mention a husband....but you know when you decided enough is enough...trust me, you WILL make time if you want to lose weight so badly. I signed up on this site to help me be accountable on my food intake. I was amazed and am still learning and getting great motivation from others. Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • jods721
    jods721 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know it's hard with little ones...I have 4! But trust me, you need your "me" time too, even if it's just for 20-30 minutes a day. I do go for walks with all 4 of my kids, however it is a struggle because I want to walk faster than they want to and I have to constantly stop because of little problems that they have (rocks in shoes, bug on flowers, etc). I do find that being accountable for my daily intake of food helps me tremendously. And I still am able to eat out at fast food restaurants. I'm glad I have the app on my phone because I type in what I want and it's there, so I know what I want to order and how many calories it's going to be. It's always hard to start, but the rewards are great and it will get easier. Trust me, I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction girlie!!!

3867669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools