Little things that helped you lose weight

Options

Replies

• andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jelleigh wrote: »
    I discovered the weekly graphs in the nutrition section. .

Where do I find this??? I keep looking and I haven't been able to locate it.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Planning ahead and logging absolutely everything is the only way to go for me. I'm usually on maintenance and then I don't bother logging, but as soon as I need to drop some lbs when I've been a bit too easy-going, I'll go back at religious logging.

I also up my protein a little, cooked chicken breast pieces or my new favourite Skyr keeps me full for ages.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Walking in place as been a boon in the "move more" side of the weight loss equation. I fill those multiple daily instances of short waits with steps. By the end of the day I have burnt several hundred extra calories.
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Preparing some meals and/or side dishes on the weekend so when my job wipes me out I'm not tempted by takeout :#
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Getting off the tube a couple of stops early to work more walking into my daily routine
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I cook my protein and veggies on Saturday night/Sunday morning for the week ahead and I pack my breakfast and lunch for the work week about 7 at night so I can just grab and go. My protein is in small 2 oz. containers so I know what I'm grabbing. I eat a lot of green veggies and chicken or shrimp during the week. I weigh and log EVERYTHING, even 0 calories. Just so I can be accountable for everything that hits my lips :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Weighing everything on a digital food scale. Logging everything I eat. Eating foods I like. Avoiding excess deprivation. Planning my meals and pre-logging. Being consistent every day. Working high calorie meals or days into my goals, rather than having "cheats."
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Using the MFP nutrition goals (meal and macro) and planning my meals the day before. I also schedule my workouts at least a week in advance which forces me to look at my calendar and adjust if needed.

I also no longer build a "cheat" day in, If I decide to "treat" myself to that lava cake, I review that week's meal history and decide if I want to have it. Sometimes I do, sometimes not, but at least I'm pausing to make the decision.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips! All great and so doable! Very insightful
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »

Are you on the website, the Android app or the Apple app? They're all different.
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Avoiding a mid-morning snack. If I cave and start there, the whole day slides (regardless of snack type and other meals). I weigh and log everything, even if I've fallen off the wagon. I worst case estimate if I can't weigh or I'm having take away.
  • uninc57
    uninc57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fitness tracker and MFP. MFP alone was good for a while but my progress has improved 1000 fold since I got my garmin vivoactiv-hr.

Macro counting is what I have found to be most useful. Allows flexibility with what you eat while still providing enough of what you need to eat.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »

@andrea4736 I'm using an Android device but for me, it's in the Nutrition section off the main menu. There are three headings : calories, nutrients and macros. Under the Calories section there is a date bar heading. I think it's defaulted to show just the current date but you can click on it and choose week. This will give you a weekly summary of calorie intake and the average per day. You can click on the graph itself and it will show you the totals for each day as well.

If I knew how to post and image from my phone I would put in some screen shots!

Hope you are able to find it - I love this feature!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Food scale & dont drink my calories
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Electroni Food scale and heart monitors. More accurate measuring helps.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Really it just came down to me being disciplined which lead to me being consistent which lead to me developing some pretty good and healthy habits.

Really, no hacks...it basically came down to do or do not...