If every day were like today...

Options
I hate that statement at the bottom of the page. It is not accurate at all. It always says that I would weigh 235 or less, but I absolutely don't. It just frustrates me to see that number everyday and know that I do not weigh that. I wish they would just take it off of the page. It just depresses me. Ugh!!

Replies

• brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    why does it frusterate you? I am just wondering. I personally like it because it gives me something to work towards and look forward to.
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree, I hate that thing to. I never pay any attention to it. For starters, everyone is individual and loses different amounts. I suppose it is a guide to motivate us.
  • vdaza07
    vdaza07 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think the message is meant as a motivator.... if you continue to make the same choices that you made that day, at the end of 5 weeks you would weigh x amount... it's not meant to say what your actual weight that day is or should be.
  • Victoriaaah
    Options
    It's a great motivator for me. I have been trying to track whether I'm making good decisions or not. On days when I'm eating like garbage, it tells me that I'd gain weight. On days I'm making better decisions, it shows me what I'm working towards. :)
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    it's there for motivation. and i find that it is pretty accurate, that is IF you are eating really well and exercising. I have been at a plateau or a few weeks now and it keeps telling me i'll be 176 in 5 weeks but it said that 3 or 4 weeks ago and i'm still 191. lol. however, when i was 220 and it said i would be 214 in 5 weeks, i didn't believe it. guess what...i wasn't 214 in 5 weeks...i was 200lbs! :-) i was spot on with my eating and i was doing everything i was supposed to do. hang in there. you can do it!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Some days it motivates me other days it frustrates me. Cuz it's like yeah right. Im not gonna get to that weight in 5 weeks.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    It's a great motivator for me. I have been trying to track whether I'm making good decisions or not. On days when I'm eating like garbage, it tells me that I'd gain weight. On days I'm making better decisions, it shows me what I'm working towards. :)

That is the way that I look at it too! I look at it as something to work towards and something as a goal to reach.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like it when I have a bad eating day because it's like a kick in the butt. It should say on those days,

"Dumb A**, keep eating like that and you'll gain all that weight back."

But I have a sarcastic sense of humor...... :tongue:

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

This is how I look at it, too. I like it.
  • kaitlynnm10
    kaitlynnm10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is only my 3rd day here but I find it helpful in a way. It's motivating to see how much less I'd weigh in 5 weeks. That said, I know it's totally inaccurate. Everyone's body is different. I take the actual number with a grain of salt.