what do you do as far as exercise?

Options
I have a treadmill at home and plan to walk every other day but that's it. I don't "work out" as in the way most people mean when they say they workout. I could never motivate myself in that area and would give up in the past so I stick to my treadmill. I keep it simple. Anyone else like that?

Replies

• LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I dont work out but i do a dance central /fitmess thing on xbox one.
    I try half hour 2 times a week but sometimes i really dont have the time. When i do do the 2 half hour session its the first thing i do in the morning.
    Ive lost just over a stone at the min.
    I do not eat back my exercise calories either.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I follow a beginners weight lifting program I found on bodybuilders.com and twice a week I am taking a TRX class at our rec center. I try to also get in one day of yoga or pilates but would like to bump that up to twice per week.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,958 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lots of walking, stair climbing on real stairs, and cycling. :)

Plus a bit of hiking, canoeing, and weightlifting.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't do any sort of intentional exercise because it just doesn't interest me. I'm definitely more active in my daily activities since I lost the extra weight, but I don't set aside specific time to exercise. I've hit all my weight and health goals so what I'm doing is working well for me :)

eta: during the warmer months I do enjoy walking, but that's very hit or miss since I live in MI lol.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yes! I do a lot of walking, Pilates, bodyweight work, aerobic workouts and moderate lifting.

Although I am physical able to, I'm just not into HIIT or intense workouts.

I enjoy the variety of my workout routines and the results it gives me!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I switch up a lot. I usually do a mix of strength/body weight workouts, but it's just Athlean X Xero for 6 weeks now, + a pull up routine. It's plenty varied enough to keep boredom from setting in.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot, and do a short (20-25 mins) aerobic workout before breakfast 4 days a week, I do a double class (45 mins each Zumba and clubbercise) at the local school on a Wednesday and 3 evenings I do either 15020 mins Wii Zumba/Zumba core or a 30 min aerobic/toning workout. At weekends I might do a longer workout Sat/Sun am (again from a DVD at home) or just do a lot of walking.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    It's winter here, so my primary exercise has been walking outside at lunch. In a few weeks, I'll get back to biking to work. I like that, as I have to get to and from work so it doesn't require a lot of motivation and takes only a little longer than busing or even driving.

I also do yoga 1-2 x a week, and have started kettlebells for strength. I don't love it, but it's quick and then it's over and I am gaining strength and endurance.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I run on the treadmill or outside a few times a week, just 30-45 minutes.
    I walk 10K steps. I bike to work.
    I do power yoga 2-3 times a week and Pilates twice a week.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I walk 15-20k steps a day and lift weights 4-5 times a week.

Walking is great to increase TDEE and lifting is great for maintaining muscle mass and improving body composition.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    In the gym: Zumba 2-3x a week, I do personal/strength training 2x a week -- Walk/run intervals on treadmill after each of these workouts for 10-15 minutes.

Out of the gym: I walk around my work complex on my breaks and during my lunch break (around 4-5 miles totaled if I do my lunch break). When the sun sets later, I might throw in a walk/run around my complex after work...about 2x a week.

• hmhall85
    hmhall85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Weight training 3x week (1 set each of 10 movements, heavy lifts, fifteen seconds between movements) and minimum of 30 minutes on a treadmill 3x week. I do not do the weight training and treadmill on the same day.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I started with walking - walking to and from work to be exact. I already did yoga once a week and that stayed.
    As my body changed my motivation changed and my want/need to excersise also increased

Now 3 years later: I still walk to work, every morning there is a yoga/weights routine I go to the gym twice a week (weights and cardio) and I walk literally everywhere possible as well as doign the odd youtube sitnes video and I have started with running.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No gyms/classes for me. Just walking, the occasional swim and my beloved kettlebells (youtube has some cracking routines). And throughout March I'm doing a Plank Challenge!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Dvds or youtube videos daily. Cardio every day. Weights 2- 3 times per week. When I get to my new gym I'm starting either Strong Lifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women.

At least 10,000 steps a day doing errands and travel (no car).
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Walking and running. About half outdoors, and then lots of walking on my treadmill desk. I love it! I might play the occasional tennis with my husband, but not often. We go hiking some, but not regularly enough.

ETA: I got an injury at one point and had to do NO walking or running. I reduced my calories in and continued losing weight.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm the worst at keeping up an exercise routine. I have a YMCA membership so I try to go there at least a couple of times a week to use a cardio machine. I've also been trying to go at least once a week to a Muscle Pump class (similar to Les Mills Body Pump). The weather has been nice lately so I've been going on more bike rides. I'm really looking forward to this summer when the Y starts doing evening outside water classes (Aqua Zumba and water walking in the lazy river). In August I'm going to start taking ballet lessons (I'm only waiting until then because that's when their year starts). I volunteer at an 1870's museum and am also considering joining their can-can dancing group. Basically I just do whatever sounds fun or interesting during the time I have to exercise.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Boot camp, treadmill, Archie machine and weight training. 6 times a week mixing it all up!
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 90 pounds I used the Total Gym and the Gazelle... Since having put back on 25ish pounds back.... I invested in a Bowflex Max Trainer.. and i still use my Gazelle... I have a gym membership but I never go.. Such a waste of money... I find working out at home much better for me....
    Im on week 3 with the Bowflex and already noticed a visable change.. So it's working...lol..
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I run three time per week (one is a trail run 6-9 miles). I also take zumba/hip hop class 2x per week and spin 2x per week. I never thought I would enjoy being so active!