My Weight Loss Journey

Options
lokilover32
lokilover32 Posts: 31 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
So I have been on this journey to make myself healthier for almost 2 years now (April 4th will be 2 years) I was well over the weight I should have been for my age and height and I had struggled with it for almost my whole life. I had very little, if any, self confidence and I was very shy around everyone (especially guys) because I thought that no one would want to talk to me or be my friend cuz I wasn't skinny. And then one day I was in my kitchen making myself breakfast and all of a sudden I got so dizzy that I couldn't even stand up and I almost blacked out. Thank God my sister was there to make sure I was ok and she got me some water. From that point on I knew that what had happened that day was because of my weight and my unhealthy lifestyle and knew that I needed to change my eating habits and my exercise (well, lack thereof) habits. So I started calorie counting and cutting out pop and fast food and was doing it for 4 days before discovering this app and ever since I have been strict with the calories it tells me to eat a day. I've given myself a reward day here and there and in doing this calorie counting I have lost almost 100 lbs. I started off at the weight of 225.7 and I am now down to 134.2 with my goal weight being 130. After losing that much weight I have gained an enormous amount of courage and self confidence. I actually go up to people now and strike up a conversation. I'm no longer afraid of people not liking me because I've learned to love my body. My taste in clothes have also changed. I'm wearing nicer clothes as opposed to t-shirts (which I still wear though haha) and I've also become more confident around guys (which is great because I had no confidence around them before lol) my parents have told me how proud they are of me and that I'm an inspiration to so many people and that feels really good to hear. My parents now have also started counting calories and said I was their inspiration for doing this. I'm so glad I could inspire others people!

Replies

• Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Your journey is one of strength and self determination. I am joyful for you ! Congrats on your sucess!!
  • nurseangelamomof5boys
    Options
    Congratulations to you! really a great accomplishment you should be so proud thank you for sharing ☺
  • lokilover32
    Options
    Thank you so much Landofkim! It's still an ongoing process but this new lifestyle is something I've come to love and will never go back to my old ways
  • lokilover32
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Congratulations to you! really a great accomplishment you should be so proud thank you for sharing ☺

Thank you! I'm definitely very proud of myself!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story!! What a tremendous accomplishment!
  • snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You must be a very determined person to stick at it for so long. You have my greatest respect, and I am so glad that you feel more confident in your own skin now.
  • lokilover32
    Options
    snooky211 wrote: »
    You must be a very determined person to stick at it for so long. You have my greatest respect, and I am so glad that you feel more confident in your own skin now.

Thank you :) Yes when I sink my teeth into something (so to speak) I won't let go. That's how I've stuck with this for so long
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story!
  • lokilover32
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Beautiful story!

Thank you Michael! :smile:
  • ekosetiawan4982
    ekosetiawan4982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greeting from indonesia
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your success!
    What a tribute to you to have your parents emulate your success by counting calories and trying to become healthier too! You are truly inspirational!
  • quintessential1
    quintessential1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    God bless you!
  • tanni6574
    tanni6574 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You inspire me, thank you and congratulations
  • lokilover32
    Options
    Greeting from indonesia

Hello :smile:
  • lokilover32
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your success!
    What a tribute to you to have your parents emulate your success by counting calories and trying to become healthier too! You are truly inspirational!

Awwww thank you so much for the kind words! :blush:
  • lokilover32
    Options
    God bless you!

:blush:
  • lokilover32
    Options
    tanni6574 wrote: »
    You inspire me, thank you and congratulations

I'm glad I could! You're welcome! I wish you luck in whatever journey you are on or wanting to start! :blush:
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Great work.
  • lokilover32
    Options
    Congratulations, Great work.

Thank you :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!