Contrave users??

Options
sillyrabbit75
sillyrabbit75 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi. I'm looking for fellow members users Contrave. I started on Friday.

Replies

• orlandocommando
    orlandocommando Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Howdy- I started Feb. 22, due to go to 2/day tomorrow. No side effects so far. My appetite is a little diminished but that could easily be a placebo effect. I've started logging every morsel here, keeping to my calorie goal and getting some exercise in. How about you?
  • JustSomeTexan
    JustSomeTexan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just now started on week 3, which is 2 in the AM and 1 in the afternoon. How's it treating everyone so far?
  • red_mage
    red_mage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for nearly three weeks now, but have only done the 1/day. How bad is the switch from week 1 to week 2? I'm terrified of doubling dosages, but have not had the appetite suppressant effects I need from the week 1 dose.

I am acting on fewer urges to eat compulsively, but I am still having issues with obsessing over calories/food content/workouts and have been constantly thinking about binging. Really, I wish it would just kill my appetite 100%.
  • jillybean205
    jillybean205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm on day two of week two. No change in weight after first week. It's weird because some days I feel really empowered (no cravings, snacking) and others I seem to feel no difference at all and revert to destructive habits. I hope that as I get used to the med, it will even out. I had no problem going from 1 pill to 2. In fact, I had a great night's sleep last night!
  • red_mage
    red_mage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's weird because some days I feel really empowered (no cravings, snacking) and others I seem to feel no difference at all and revert to destructive habits.

Yeah, I've noticed that there are days that I do really, really well and others where I'm right back to destructive behavior. There may be some other medication-related things going on, but I don't know how closely that would be related.

I'll give the 2x/day a try starting next week.

• kaytlen7
    kaytlen7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I was placed on the med Lexapro several years ago for anxiety issues...and yep...blew up like a whale...60 pound weight gain over the last 4 years....went cold turkey on the med on Sunday...weaning is not for me...and really no withdrawals except a mild headache in which is now gone. Saw the doc Wednesday and requested Contrave. I have only been on it for two days...one pill in the morning....just dry mouth... I'm usually craving all day long...sugar/chocolate/ anything and everything....as of taking the med since yesterday...craving just not there...I know...doesn't sound possible....and maybe it's my mindset right now, so disgusted with this increased weight..who knows....I'll keep updating though. 60 lbs to lose!
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have about a quarter of a bottle, & then also a full one in my cabinet. I took them on & off, & just kind of decided to stop. The dry mouth was horrible, and I didn't feel the results in how I felt justified the exorbitant price. I was already taking buropion beforehand, and feel as though it gives me just as much of an appetite check as the Contrave without the added naltrexone...which also interfered with other meds.
    As a matter of fact, at times it seemed as though I felt hungrier after taking the Contrave. Of course, every person's experience is different, and I hope you all have good results.
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been on Lexapro for about 3 months and I actually lost weight. It really decreased my appetite. I think everyone is a bit different when it comes to meds. I know people that have gained weight on BC, but I never did. Good Luck everyone!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am week 2 of Contrave, I start week 3 tomorrow. So far I am down 10 pounds. I have a noticeable decrease in appetite (and I am a carb addict with a large appetite) and a noticeable decrease in cravings. I did have a headache for the first week and am not battling some constipation, gonna add miralax tonite. Overall, I love it! I really needed the increase from week 1 to week 2. I could tell that the affects were wearing off in the evening.
  • amyhannonroper
    amyhannonroper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using contrave since September. It made me very nautious at first and I started and stopped several times. I finally adjusted to it and don't feel the nausea anymore. I have lost 35# since being fully on the program.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    I have been using contrave since September. It made me very nautious at first and I started and stopped several times. I finally adjusted to it and don't feel the nausea anymore. I have lost 35# since being fully on the program.

How long were you nauseous? I started week 3 today and boy do I feel like crud. I liked the 1 pill twice a day but I dont know about this 2 in the morning.
  • ctorres3108607
    ctorres3108607 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have only been on 3 days. Post bday weekend my eating habits were out of control. I started on the 14th. No nausea just feeling EXHAUSTED.... I havent snacked like I usually do at work. No reaching for candy or chocolate. Don't know if it's the med or its mental. Took my starting weight. We will see how this goes. :*
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    I have only been on 3 days. Post bday weekend my eating habits were out of control. I started on the 14th. No nausea just feeling EXHAUSTED.... I havent snacked like I usually do at work. No reaching for candy or chocolate. Don't know if it's the med or its mental. Took my starting weight. We will see how this goes. :*

Good luck! I hope it works well for you!
  • Klitt86
    Klitt86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do Contrave but I have issues so my doctor prescribed me Qysmia. It was that or a medicine I'd have to inject and I hate needles. From what I researched, all prescription weight loss pills can have negative and positive results. You literally have to find out what is best for you. Just because it didn't work for one person doesn't mean it won't work for you. I was on antidepressants for a year a gained 60lbs so now I'm 100lbs overweight and I crave stuff so I mainly needed something to help me not crave food after eating a full meal. I've had people tell me my doctor is crazy for putting me on Qysmia because I also have a rapid heart beat at times but I researched and every weight loss pill can cause an increase in heart beat, that's why the doctors start you off small and increase in order to monitor it. I'm on a small dosage now and will increase in 2 weeks gradually so you just have to find which works for you. It's just like with any medicine. Advil doesn't work for me but it does for my mom. Everyone is different :)
  • ctorres3108607
    Options
    Week2 seven pounds down ! No nausea but some pretty harsh headaches. I'm prone to migraines, but these were just severe headaches (maybe from the sugar withdrawal too!!!) But I am literally reminding myself to eat. I don't crave anything , even if it's in my face. It's awesome.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    Week2 seven pounds down ! No nausea but some pretty harsh headaches. I'm prone to migraines, but these were just severe headaches (maybe from the sugar withdrawal too!!!) But I am literally reminding myself to eat. I don't crave anything , even if it's in my face. It's awesome.
    That's how I have been! Hunger and cravings are gone. Headaches are come and go but I've been really motion sickness. I'm having issues with pooing. Tmi I know but it's true.
  • saddlechick
    saddlechick Posts: 2 Member
    Options

• ctorres3108607
    Options
    Week 4 SW:263 today 245.2! I was 263 a WeeK before starting contrave n MyFitnessPal together on 3/14.... It's going well. Learning what I can and should not eat... Working out and SEEING RESULTS! at work people ask me what I'm doing to lose , I get so happy! CHEERS ( WITH A BOTTLE of water of course ) keep going pplz !!!!
  • eli51354
    eli51354 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started on Contrave using a titration method (1 pill a day in the a.m. for the first week, second week 1 in the a.m., 1 in the pm, week three 2 in the am, 1 in the p.m., week four 2 in the am, 2 in the pm and stay on that 2/2 for the duration). I'm in week 3 and I've only lost 5 pounds. My clothes fit better, but I thought I'd see more weight drop. Has anyone else done the titration method that I've stated above? I'm wondering if the fourth week of 2 in am, 2 in pm will make a difference. Fortunately, I've not had any side effects, but I take my pills with food which may be preventing the nausea that others have spoken about.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    Options
    eli51354 wrote: »
    I started on Contrave using a titration method (1 pill a day in the a.m. for the first week, second week 1 in the a.m., 1 in the pm, week three 2 in the am, 1 in the p.m., week four 2 in the am, 2 in the pm and stay on that 2/2 for the duration). I'm in week 3 and I've only lost 5 pounds. My clothes fit better, but I thought I'd see more weight drop. Has anyone else done the titration method that I've stated above? I'm wondering if the fourth week of 2 in am, 2 in pm will make a difference. Fortunately, I've not had any side effects, but I take my pills with food which may be preventing the nausea that others have spoken about.
    Yes that's how I started as well. I lost 12 pounds that first 4 weeks and I've lost 9 more the second 4 weeks. It has just made it easier to make the right choices and eat right. Definitely not a majic pill but makes me not so ravenously hungry anymore.