New to myfitnesspal. Hi Everyone!!

ruralnurse02
ruralnurse02 Posts: 1
edited 2:14AM in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone,
I am 47 years old and overweight. I have tried many times to lose weight and haven't succeeded so far. I found out about this website through a magazine I was reading on my lunch break and thought I would give it a try. I am the only one in my household that is beginning a lifestyle change. I need to change my eating habits and make exercise a part of my life because both my mother and my maternal grandmother as well as my mom's sisters all have diabetes. My grandfather (paternal) also was diabetic. I am at high risk for becoming diabetic if I don't change my current eating habits. I have come to accept that I am an emotional eater as well. I need the support of this group to help me through.

Replies

• akcouick
    akcouick Posts: 11
    I too eat for emotional reasons... but I'm trying to change that...

I am taking Hydroxycut right now, and its helping some, but I am actually trying to get my doc to put me on Apidex, its supposed to be a miricle drug to help you lose weight, while making you feel good about yourself in the process, causes euphoria, which is defined as a profound sense of well being. that may help with the emotional side of things.. Need an Rx for that one though, so talk to your doc about it
  • akcouick
    akcouick Posts: 11
    I wish you the best of luck on your journey towards better health...
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    welcome and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Yaraelizabeth10
    Yaraelizabeth10 Posts: 15 Member
    Welcome! ruralnurse02 ..

I love this website.. it has help me so much and I am positive its going to help you as well. Don't get discourage on the first couple of weeks... but little by little your eating habits will change.. you will See!
  • sf08003
    sf08003 Posts: 30
    Welcome! You will love this site! Feel free to add me as your friend!
This discussion has been closed.