LOOKING FOR FRIENDS, IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES....LOL

Options
pribud
pribud Posts: 453 Member
HI, My name is Priscilla and I am new to My Fitness Pal, though not new to weight loss...lol.....I have been overweight most of my life. Each year the extra pounds seem to invite some of their friends over for a visit and they seem to like my body so much that they stay. Well I am telling you as of now my body is a do not visit zone. That's right it is time to get rid of my guests as they have become just to darn heavy to drag around with me. They have also decided to cause problems in my knees, legs and back.........Imagine after me being so hospitable all these years!

I started my journey on January 3rd and for the first month I did it on my own. I am lucky to have a very supportive husband and he is supporting me by eating the same meals I do and wants to lose some weight as well. I never thought I would see the day I weighed more than my husband but that day is here! Since January 3rd and before I joined fitness pal I had lost 10.8 pounds. I knew I needed to find some other source of support and luckily a friend told me about this program. I am so grateful as I absolutely love it! My first week here I lost 1.4 pounds so I am now down 12.2 lbs. I asked my husband(Bud) to hide the scales for me as I have a very bad compulsion to weigh myself EVERY morning..........IMAGINE, EVERY DAY, and to top that I even let the scales decide my mood for the day! Well that changes too! I have made a choice to be HAPPY, and even POSITIVE! that's right everyone I can decide on MY OWN! Have to admit though the other day I was feeling very good about myself, really sure I must have lost a couple of pounds, I very quietly went and got the scales from the cupboard(as my husband had not hid them yet) and got on them, lol and behold they did not work. I automatically thought the batteries were dead, it then dawned on me that my husband had tricked me, he did not hide the scales he hid the batteries....LOL. I very quietly put the scales back in the cupboard. I thought about this off and on throughout the day getting a chuckle each time I did...lol. The next day I could not hold it any longer, I said to my husband laughing ''Okay you got me", right away he looked up laughed and said "You tried to weigh yourself didn't you". We had a great laugh as I realized how much he knew me as I did not even have to tell him what I did.

My goals here are to only weigh myself once a week! Lose a lot of unwanted guests, making my first goal 197, which is 40 pounds as I am striving to be in the 100's club! Maintain a positive attitude and meet some amazing friends along the way! While taking this "ONE DAY AT A TIME", with the attitude of the little engine that could, "I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN"

Till next time everyone, eyes on our goals, minds on our positivity and ears alert for new ideas, remember we are all in this together and together we ARE DOING IT!

SWT 247.8(10.8 loss before joining here)
CWT 235.6
GWT 197(will set another goal then)

Replies

• HappyBlues
    HappyBlues Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is pretty funny of your husband, hiding the batteries. :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend! I have been doing this for a little over a year (close to a year and a half now) and I have lost 95 pounds! I still want to lose at least 20 more.