Over 100 pounds lost already, but new to MFP and fitbit

Options
After hitting rock bottom with my weight struggles and tipping the scales at 366 pounds, I decided to dive in blindly and change my life. Trial and error have gotten me thus far, but I started using Fitbit Charge HR just last week. I found that logging my food into the Fitbit app was a pain in the backside, so I decided to give myfitnesspal a try. I just signed up yesterday and figured out how to link the two apps together.

At 366 pounds, exercise was excruciating, so I tossed that whole idea aside and decided to focus first on changing my diet. I began this journey in January of 2016 and have lost over 100 pounds so far. Now that I am significantly smaller and lighter, I find that I naturally move more and move much more easily. The weight loss has slowed down considerably at this point, however, so it's time to not only fine-tune my diet but also to incorporate some sort of exercise routine. I went through the first stretch of my journey without any professional coaching or advice. I'm hoping these two apps can help guide me down the right path to my final goal, in this last stretch of my long (but so worth it) journey. I'm looking for balance and stability between my eating habits and fitness goals, so I'm hoping I can find the kind of help I am seeking here.

I would love to meet and keep up with like-minded people who have possibly been in the same boat as I have... with being morbidly obese, but who are on their way down! I'd also love to speak with anyone who has succeeded in finding balance in their lives by way of MFP and/or Fitbit.

Here's to the final 100! I'm so excited! :smiley:

Replies

• addyw2014
    addyw2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats...what an accomplishment! Welcome to MFP!
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Enjoy the ride...it is as fun as you make it!!! (makeitfun!!!)
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Well done! MFP and Fitbit have been very helpful to me as well.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
    The combination of MFP an Fitbit have played a huge part in my losing 145+ pounds over the last three years.
    It may seem overwhelming at first to log all your food and exercise, but truly...it is worth the time. It becomes so much easier within a month's time and then it becomes a habit. I spend no more than 5-6 minutes on my food diary...but a lot longer commenting and reading my friend's posts.
    It seems to me you have the right attitude about getting healthy and losing the excess weight...so best of luck to you. And have so much fun becoming more active now that your body is smaller and easier to move about.
    I've had so much enjoyment doing things I simply couldn't do as a morbidly obese woman.
  • haleyawells
    haleyawells Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! MFP is definitely incredibly helpful and logging your food/exercise becomes second nature. I'm sure it'll be a great addition to your routine! You have all my support in reaching your goals
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress so far! I've got a similar goal but the scales been at a standstill lately. I got a fitbit in Feb so hopefully gonna start moving around more. It's fun to participate in the challenges as well. Wish u continued success on this journey.