Pizza!

Options
2»

Replies

• nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Just be sensible about portion and toppings. I tend to stick to bacon and pineapple or chicken and spinach on Domino's pizza --they have a surprisingly useful calorie and nutritional calculator on the website. Dr. Oetker's line of thin crust pizzas are my go to for frozen pizzas...a decent serving for about 250-300 calories.

Thanks for this tip! I have never tried Dr. Oetker pizza, but they sell it at my local Market Street, so I'm going to go pick one up for tonight to try it out. :smiley:
  • veronicav0502
    veronicav0502 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    All this pizza talk is making me want pizza!
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's pizza night every Friday at our house ... I eat the local pizza place, Gionino's / slice of pepperoni pizza on a large pizza is 298 calories. I eat my pizza very slow and if I'm still hungry I'll cut another slice in 1/2 and have that too! Like everyone said, maybe I'm not dropping weight like some, but I am losing, feel better and still enjoying food that I love!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    The whole point of counting calories is that you can make room for any food you love while still eating a well-rounded diet.

^ This. I love pizza, it's gotta be good pizza though. Sometimes I'll bike ride extra miles for a few extra slices, yum! Yeah, all this pizza talk is making me want some. :smiley:
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I am fine to eat pizza if I am by myself and buy one slice. Whenever I am with my family and we have a whole pizza I can't stop eating it. For this reason I dont really have pizza a lot but then again I buy pizza from the weight loss company that I buy food from so I can always have that if I want pizza but don't want to go all out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    artanis50 wrote: »
    I know there was a thread in another forum about healthy pizza alternatives - but how bad is the real thing? I looked it up in the food database and a generic slice of pizza is around 200 - 300 calories. I looooove pizza. As long as I plan for it, it's not that bad- right?

It's protein, carbs, and fat...that's it. Pizza gets a bad rap namely because people don't eat a slice or two...they eat a whole *kitten* pie and that's going to add up to a lot of calories.

If I'm having pizza, I'm having pizza...and it's going to be from my favorite local pizzeria...not some sham diet pizza made with cauliflower.

Friday night is usually pizza night at my house...my wife and I share a small and usually have a couple of slices left over. It's a pretty fun tradition...I pick up the kids from school...as I leave the office I call the order in...our pizzeria is right on the way home from school so I just pop in and pick it up...get home and throw on a movie and we all eat pizza and watch the movie.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will go out to eat proper hand tossed pizza about once a month. The one I get is almost 1300 calories and I eat the lot.

I just make it fit my calories by the end of the week.
  • CrazyCatLady916
    CrazyCatLady916 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If i want something, i make it fit into my calories for the day. I eat some ice cream almost every single day! I think i'm going for pizza for dinner. All this talk is making me hungry!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    The calorie count of pizza can vary greatly due to thickness of the crust, size of the pizza, toppings. Just your basic thin crust, sauce and cheese is going to be much less than a thick crust with sausage and pepperoni and extra cheese, for example.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories go for it. I have pizza all the time and I'm down 90+ lbs. I ate pizza while I lost, and I still eat it a couple of times a month while I'm in maintenance.
  • cvegas
    cvegas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I allow two slices on a Friday, I enjoy it so much that I am even willing to work harder on Thursday and Saturday just so I can enjoy my Friday pizza completely guilt free! :p
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm going to write a book on how pizza is evil and the reason for North American obesity.

Think I can make as much money as the guys who shill the sugar is evil idea?

Had it twice last week.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    there are no bad foods...only bad habits. I am eating low carb and i love pizza. I dont have it often and only a slice, then i pick the toppings off of other slices lol