Feeling constantly full after 1 binge?

Options
On Saturday I had a huge binge (~4,500 calories in one day). I felt painfully full and actually threw up some. Setting aside how terrible and ridiculous that is (I'm not asking for advice on how to avoid binging next time, I've already got that under control), I've got a question about how the body behaves after a binge like that? I fasted on Sunday to balance my weekly CI and stay at maintenance. Since then I've returned to my normal diet (between 1,500 and 2,200 calories a day, depending on exercise). Weirdly I've found myself full very early on in the day. It's like my body is telling me that 1,000 calories is enough. Is it possible that I ate even more calories than I suspected? Or is this what the body does every time you binge that way?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or can offer a helpful explanation. I'm not complaining about being full on a diet (that's totally blessed!) but I do feel a bit confused.

Thanks!

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I think you are over-analyzing. Stop worrying about it and carry on.
  • jordiehawkins
    jordiehawkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's possible that your body is just not finished digesting the large amount of food you consumed. It may seem counterintuitive, but drinking water will help your body flush out the excess left behind. Try to drink 8 glasses a day.
  • emmarrgh
    emmarrgh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How is your poop game? I know when I have eaten too much, esp. of certain foods, it backs me up and I feel uncomfortably 'full' sooner until my system is back to normal. I used to eat past that full feeling, but now I am starting to recognise it and stop.

I also know from experience that you can be backed up even if you 'go', depending on the amount you 'get rid of' lol. Sorry if I am too graphic, but I was in the ER for constipation even though I was 'going' every day!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    First off was the binge during PMS by any chance? I find that a good and thorough PMS binge can leave me feeling less hungry. It's almost as it my body is trying to binge and then make up for it. Strange as it sounds. I have also been known to weigh myself the morning after a binge to find myself 2-3 pounds lighter. I can not explain any of these shenanigans.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I fast one day a week most of the time. The day after the fast is almost always my lowest calorie day of the week (other than the fast, of course) because I get full quickly after a day of eating nothing.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Usually the day after I have a binge, I'm just not as hungry. It's your body's signals telling you that you overate the day before so you don't need that much today. However, I wouldnt really restrict on purpose. I usually just wait it out until Im actually feeling "hungry" again then I eat. But yeah I tend to eat a lot less the day after because I'm still full from the day before!
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help guys. That gives me a few ideas for what might be happening. And don't worry emarrgh - I was looking for the real answer... no matter how gross XD
  • rachellerma808
    rachellerma808 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I believe in just listening to ur body. If your full at 1000 then eat that much. Don't worry to much about it.