Just had a baby

Options
Hi, My baby is less than 2 weeks old. I need to start eating healthy and start working towards weight loss. Looking for other mommas who have had success that would be willing to share food diaries. Thank you!!

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

My advice as mother of two is take some time to focus on nourishing your body and recovering from the birth. There's plenty of time to lose weight.

If you are breastfeeding, check in with your infant welfare nurse/midwife about what kind of calorie intake will be suitable to meet the needs of you and your baby.

Again, congratulations!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

Breast feeding burns calories. You have to be careful and not really diet as it can reduce milk production. As long as you eat healthy and don't go over board you my find yourself losing weight just by eating sensible and Breast feeding.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm working on losing my baby weight, my daughter is 6 months old. Feel free to add me.

You should join this group! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum
    Breast feeding burns calories. You have to be careful and not really diet as it can reduce milk production. As long as you eat healthy and don't go over board you my find yourself losing weight just by eating sensible and Breast feeding.

Just an FYI, this is not true for everyone. It's sort of talked about as a reason to breastfeed but in reality about 40% of women are unable to lose all of the weight until they wean. Increased prolactin causes many people (including myself) to hold on to fat stores.

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I will add you - my nugget is 4 months old, I'm breast feeding (more pumping now that I'm back to work) and am one of the 40% Lisa mentioned. I'm really just going through the motions of what I would do when I'm not breastfeeding so it doesn't come as a shock. I've lost and gained the same 3lbs for the last month and a half. But, I'm on every day and my diary is open.
  • kktiegs
    kktiegs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your concern. I should have emphasized more on the nutrition than the weight loss. Yes, I know that losing baby weight should not be my top priority this soon but it should not stop me from making more healthy food selections along the way. I have a hard time meal planning, so I find it helpful to see what others are eating. Again, thanks.