Beachbody programs question..

Options
2»

Replies

• andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It will depend on how many calories you specifically burn during each workout. When I do Drench, I burn over 600 calories. When I do Buns, I burn somewhere in the 300's. They calculate an average based on your weight.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also am using Beachbody on Demand. Too scared to walk into a gym! lol

Anyways, Core de Force and 21 Day Fix have the EXACT same meal plan recommendations (same number of coloured containers each day). Probably most of their eating plans are the same, but those are the only two programs I have compared.

Beachbody meal plans teach you about eating "clean" and the coloured containers teach you about portion control. If you already have that knowledge, you don't need any of it. I prefer to count my calories using MFP.

Just for fun I counted calories for a few days AND tracked my food with the Core de Force food guide. By the end of the day, I was only at 1000 calories and I had followed their container recommendations perfectly.

So I guess my long winded response summarized: If you need to learn about portion control or how to eat "clean", go ahead and follow a BB meal plan. If not, MFP is a great place to be!
  • vmrjj
    vmrjj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Princess7955
    Just for fun I counted calories for a few days AND tracked my food with the Core de Force food guide. By the end of the day, I was only at 1000 calories and I had followed their container recommendations perfectly.

So I guess my long winded response summarized: If you need to learn about portion control or how to eat "clean", go ahead and follow a BB meal plan. If not, MFP is a great place to be!

I've used the containers. I've just gotten to a point where I wanted more flexibility with what I ate. I often thought of counting the calories in a day while using the containers - 1,000. Jeez! lol
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I did P90X3 and used MFP to count calories. I'm kind of a picky eater so it's easier to find food I like and am used to eating. I lost 30 lbs in the 90 day program, and continued on to lose 42 lbs altogether. I've successfully maintained that loss for about a year using MFP.